[Q] stuck on recovery screen.

Search This thread

sander-w

Nov 3, 2012
Hello,

I've rooted my device and installed the hellfire Kitkat rom. Since I was not fully satisfied I wanted to go back to stock rom and then install the latest update from LG.
But now the device only boots into recovery (CWM V6.0.4.7)
I can install a backup ROM but when I reboot it enters recovery again.
I tried entering download mode by pressing "volume UP key" and then plugin usb but it enters recovery again.

Can someone help me please?!

cptnsmelly

Mar 10, 2014
Hello,

I've rooted my device and installed the hellfire Kitkat rom. Since I was not fully satisfied I wanted to go back to stock rom and then install the latest update from LG.
But now the device only boots into recovery (CWM V6.0.4.7)
I can install a backup ROM but when I reboot it enters recovery again.
I tried entering download mode by pressing "volume UP key" and then plugin usb but it enters recovery again.

Can someone help me please?!

I'm going to be cautious replying here because I'm a noob, but did you try using ADB to issue commands through adb sideload in cwm? If you go to "load zip" (or something along those lines) then "load using adb" (or something similar) in CWM, you can use adb to issue these commands with your computer and it should fix it (at least, it fixed a boot loop for me when I was stuck with TWRP). Here's the link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

PrinceMS

Jan 10, 2008
Toronto
First of all. DON'T PANIC!

And even before that - make a nandroid backup! Go in CWM and make a full backup.
You have recovery working so you should be able to load System on it ok.
I am not an expert but let me try to guide you step by step.

1. Make a backup!
2. Download a rom on your computer. MAKE SURE ITS FOR YOUR MODEL # of LG G2
List of roms here:
3. Make sure you have over 70% battery
4. Go into recovery CWM
5. Use Wipe > Swipe to Factory Wipe
(go back on bottom right corner)
6. Go Advanced from HOME screen of CWM
7. Click ADB sideload
7b. (I assume you have the drivers loaded. If not make sure ADB is loaded in windows and device manager shows it. Download basic ADB package so you have "adb.exe" file in it)
8. put your rom in the same folder where you have "Adb.exe"
9. Open command prompt on windows. Goto the folder where ADB.exe is. Then Type "adb push (filename) /sdcard/(filename)". Example, "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip"
10. Wait until it finishes its transfer(a message will appear saying the filename, file size and the speed of the transfer per sec when it finishes)
11. Wait for a while or reboot your cwm so that the filename will appear
12. just reflash the file in CWM (Install > choose file). Wipe after again.
13. Voila!

Drachenminister

Oct 27, 2010
I did manage to restore the backup rom of 4.2.2 Then I downloaded the 4.4 OTA update and installed it. Then it hangs in recovery.

Do I need to have TWRP installed or does this work with CWM too?!

Basically what you need is a root shell whether it's via adb or built into recovery (cwm or twrp)

Searching the forum for "cwm bootloop ota" might give you detailed instructions for your case

Top Liked Posts