AICP 3/06/14
AOSB 2/26/14
Carbon 3/02/14
CM10.2 2/01/14
CM11 3/07/14
Liquidsmooth 3/05/14
PACman 3/05/14
Slimkat 2/16/14

I can confirm that USB Audio DOES work with the GPE ROM. My understanding is that the GPE ROM is built from Sense, so I haven't encountered a single non/Sense ROM that supports USB Audio.
Has anybody had any luck with AOSP and USB Audio on the VZW HTC One?

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
USB audio requires support in the kernel to work. It is highly likely this support is lacking from the aosp kernel. It is completely possible that a dev could include usb audio though. I recall seeing it as not set in the config but the proper files would also need to be put into place and who knows if that would even compile properly into aosp from sense.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
USB audio requires support in the kernel to work. It is highly likely this support is lacking from the aosp kernel. It is completely possible that a dev could include usb audio though. I recall seeing it as not set in the config but the proper files would also need to be put into place and who knows if that would even compile properly into aosp from sense.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I tried using Lunar kernel in addition to the bundled kernel with each ROM.
I will have to check over on the Lunar thread to see if they know whether support is included in the kernel.

Interestingly, I made a little progress by flashing the latest version of the USB Audio Patcher MOD in the thread started by JackNorris. Now I get the familiar HTC One USB Audio stepping (0 or 100%, no middle steps) as well as audio being routed from the speaker.
The problem is no sound comes out of the external DAC, although it is routed away from the speaker. Basically, it is the same behavior after flashing the patch as it is in the Sense ROMs, but just no audio coming from the DAC.
I believe the issue is something missing from the Services.jar part of the framework. I am now in over my head.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
So on GPE roms audio works and you get output on the DAC, Sense you get stepping but no output, and AOSP stepping with patch but no output

Get the app Sound About from store and try on patched AOSP and report back plz

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
USB DACs work on CM11. The issue is that the phone doesn't automatically route all sound to the DAC like the stock ROM does.

It is there and working, but you wouldn't know it since the phone won't play sound through it. It is probably the same case with many other ROMs.

coolguy71261

Oct 9, 2010
USB DACs work on CM11. The issue is that the phone doesn't automatically route all sound to the DAC like the stock ROM does.

It is there and working, but you wouldn't know it since the phone won't play sound through it. It is probably the same case with many other ROMs.

Then how does one fix the problem and get audio out of the external dac?

coolguy71261

Oct 9, 2010
I'm willing to do a bit of coding work to help out if needed, GPE roms are not bad at all just shouldn't be the only roms that offer usb audio.

coolguy71261

Oct 9, 2010
Am I getting the hint that developers don't want to touch Verizon devices? still waiting on the day that the fcc forces Verizon to allow unlocked devices on their network.

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Am I getting the hint that developers don't want to touch Verizon devices? still waiting on the day that the fcc forces Verizon to allow unlocked devices on their network.

We don't have many devs, and it is because of a few reasons.

1. Verizon took their sweet damn time to release the M7. They were almost 6 months late to the party.
2. Verizon blocked bootloader unlocks on day 1. This made it impossible to develop anything until s-off was achieved. So, this essentially added another month to the release date.
3. There aren't many people with an m7vzw. This is related to #1.

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
not specifically in features, i doubt the functionality was intentionally left out though.. elemental might and there are some kernel on the international boards that do.. IMO if sound is truly important to you, switch back to sense- im enjoying aptx Bluetooth and Zero Infinitys godly audio and cant say im missing out on anything AOSP except for inferior quick settings (viper ROM has all the themeing you'll ever need

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk