Looking for a shoulder pouch/bag

Search This thread

XneatsX

Apr 7, 2014
1st world country problems ;) I cannot seem to find a 'small' shoulder bag for my Note 3?

I cant post a link but a search for Mercurymall®Soft Pu Leather mobile phone pouch with neck strap will give an idea of what i'm looking for.

Something like this, unfortunately the size on this is too small for the beast.

Anybody have any recommendations.

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Have you considered looking in hiking/camping/tourism shops for a Passport Pouch? Probably won't find any made for the phone itself, but you might find a passport pouch that will fit. That's what I did, anyway.

I found one of these at a swap meet and lol'd because the guy selling them was wearing one with his note2 in it.

Don't eat me for lol'ing... American men don't wear purses or over the shoulder wallets.

Moral of the story is go to the swap meet or bargain center you'll probably find it.

Reactions: XneatsX

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Looks like a great way to have someone snatch a 700 dollar device from around one's neck.

Just my stance!

XneatsX

Apr 7, 2014
Have you considered looking in hiking/camping/tourism shops for a Passport Pouch? Probably won't find any made for the phone itself, but you might find a passport pouch that will fit. That's what I did, anyway.

That's a brilliant idea, it's sure has given me loads more options.
I was starting to get curious as to how other ladies carried their larger phones, I mean we don't always carry a handbag and don't have the large pockets guys tend to have on clothing.

Looks like a great way to have someone snatch a 700 dollar device from around one's neck.

Just my stance!

Hmm, not sure about that. I wouldn't want to chance my luck but a theft of that kind is so rare here in Scotland.
Following your line of thinking thou I wouldn't even have my mobile out to take a photo, it would be too risky.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
I was starting to get curious as to how other ladies carried their larger phones, I mean we don't always carry a handbag and don't have the large pockets guys tend to have on clothing.

That is true... I guess the only concern i would truly have is your swinging around a $700 device on a small cord, rope or chain. That screams break me. Pockets are not safe anymore. Skinny jeans break phones and other things egg related.

Hmm, not sure about that. I wouldn't want to chance my luck but a theft of that kind is so rare here in Scotland.
Following your line of thinking thou I wouldn't even have my mobile out to take a photo, it would be too risky.

No need to crawl in to a ball... thats what they make a 45 for. On a serious note... ppl jack phones directly out of others pockets by snatching or cutting the bottom of a pocket... YES... how dangerous is that? I know someone who lost his iphone that way in a club.

My suggestion is and will always be a hoster w/ mag clip. IDK ... get what ever works for you. Secure it how ever you can.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

I can assure you that phone theft is a trending crime here in the states.

And your example wasn't even in the path of my line of thinking. There's a huge difference in having your phone in your hand and having it swinging by an easily broken string around your neck.

You're fortunate that Scotland has such a low instance of Robbery. I just pulled it up and you guys had an 18% drop from the 2011-12 to the 2012-13 years. WOW!

I never carry a handbag. I simply extended my jeans pockets(both) by means of a sewing machine ;)

I bought a passport pouch because those are waterproof, so it has an extra layer of protection in my pocket. Waterfalls and smartphones don't mix well, I've discovered. (My poor HD2 :()

It doesn't do wonders for your figure to carry your phone in a large pocket on your hip, but nobody can nick your phone without considerable effort (you'll notice it... ). And I can now fit my wallet in the other pocket. And it leaves your hands free, and you never have to fear hitting something with it. Efficiency over style :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found one of these at a swap meet and lol'd because the guy selling them was wearing one with his note2 in it.

Don't eat me for lol'ing... American men don't wear purses or over the shoulder wallets.

Moral of the story is go to the swap meet or bargain center you'll probably find it.