[Q] Sony Xperia SP battery drained 1% per second?

Search This thread

Jackylau95

Mar 22, 2014
During the night, my Sony Xperia SP was charging. I began charging at 1:30am and i fell asleep after that. I woke up at around 8:20am and pressed the power button to turn on the screen. It did not turn on, and then i noticed the phone was turned off. I powered it on and the battery was at 100%, however i thought it was strange that the phone was turned off because i had left it on overnight. I checked my battery stats on Battery Widget Reborn (The Android battery stats, GSam and Better battery stats showed no data because it was all erased as the phone turned off) and found out that my phone had completely, after being fully charged, drained 100% of battery in just a few minutes. This is the first time it had happened, and i had bought this phone only about 2 months ago. I had not left any processes/apps running, even so, the battery should not have been draining this quickly. The drain from 100% happened from about 4:18am until 4:20am.

What would have been the cause of this battery drain?
Has this ever happened to your phone, and is this problem unique to Sony Xperia phones? I have heard that Sony phones have very bad battery optimisation and battery life.

|>/\nte

During the night, my Sony Xperia SP was charging. I began charging at 1:30am and i fell asleep after that. I woke up at around 8:20am and pressed the power button to turn on the screen. It did not turn on, and then i noticed the phone was turned off. I powered it on and the battery was at 100%, however i thought it was strange that the phone was turned off because i had left it on overnight. I checked my battery stats on Battery Widget Reborn (The Android battery stats, GSam and Better battery stats showed no data because it was all erased as the phone turned off) and found out that my phone had completely, after being fully charged, drained 100% of battery in just a few minutes. This is the first time it had happened, and i had bought this phone only about 2 months ago. I had not left any processes/apps running, even so, the battery should not have been draining this quickly. The drain from 100% happened from about 4:18am until 4:20am.

What would have been the cause of this battery drain?
Has this ever happened to your phone, and is this problem unique to Sony Xperia phones? I have heard that Sony phones have very bad battery optimisation and battery life.

First of all, sony phones have great battery lifes. I know that because of my experience with xperia phones (mine and friends' ones, too). Personally, I passed through an xperia tipo and now I have an sp, so they DO have great battery lifes. As for your problem, I think it's the battery stats that cause it. If you'd be able to take off the battery (youtube might have such tutorials) for at least 10-15 seconds and put it back on, it may solve the problem (taking off the battery for such a time is similar to "wipe battery stats" command in recoveries). Alternatively, you can install a recovery (e.g. c.w.m.) and wipe the battery stats. If the battery keeps draining like crazy, I'm afraid it's time you went your phone to a service center so they'll replace it with a new one.

Last edited: