ISIS with Developer HTC One M8

Search This thread

mikeg2013

Jun 6, 2013
I have a developer edition running on AT&T. I have the correct SIM card but AT&T is not allowing the application to be downloaded on these phones. Has anyone found a work around? I did not want to root it yet.

cc999

Aug 4, 2011
Ticket

I have a developer edition running on AT&T. I have the correct SIM card but AT&T is not allowing the application to be downloaded on these phones. Has anyone found a work around? I did not want to root it yet.

I have spoken to the tech dept at ATT and I have a ticket open on ISIS and Visual Voice Mail.
I suggest you also call and complain.

CC

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Google wallet you could use your own credit card through nfc where Isis you have to use their credit card, that's the only difference between the apps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Google wallet works with any terminal that allows pay pass or whatever it's called plus allows you to add ALOT more cards to use , opposed to the what..2-3 cards allowed with Isis.

Plus I don't believe you need a special secure element built into a sim to use it . I know on ATT and Verizon purposely gimped a lot of phones to force people to use Isis while blocking people from using wallet by either having the secure element removed or completely shut off..a very shady way to do things IMO

https://www.paywithisis.com

Seems the money Isis pays is for friend referrals..10.00 per each friend you sign up..but if you don't have a Wells Fargo, chase, or American Express card..it's useless..MasterCard and visa plus numerous other banks aren't accepted with it I believe

Last edited:

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Other getting a one time $50 credit for opening a card with them Isis is pointless and refuse to use the app, specially cause its ugly.

Reactions: mlts22

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Ive got it loading fine on dev edition based rom...will need to use xposed work around but it works...soooo should be good to go in a little bit for those who are interested p.m. me for final phase of testing(i dont have a secure sim) ...if not then itll go to the one tester and he will reap the usage of isis on the dev build... :0P

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-20-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-20-43.png
    118 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-38-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-38-14.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-38-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-12-38-24.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_2014-04-11-14-10-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-14-10-25.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

mlts22

May 27, 2006
When I was buying the phone, the rep heavily pushed ISIS on me. Even when I told him that I didn't need my credit record dinged by opening up an Amex card, he finally "caved in" by saying that it can be done later on, and begged me to do it as soon as possible. That "soon" will be never, because a short time later, I stuck on a GPE ROM that didn't have ISIS present on the device.

From what I've seen, not having ISIS isn't missing much. I don't like the fact that one has to open up a new line of credit. Nor that I have to use a root-hostile app. Google Wallet or Paypal do the same thing and I can use my existing cards/accounts, and I don't need a special SIM card.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
To each their own obviously there is a need for it to work with developer build for folks that do already have and use it and had purchased the phone. Personally I don't use it or Google Wallet, but I did this for those who do...

When I was buying the phone, the rep heavily pushed ISIS on me. Even when I told him that I didn't need my credit record dinged by opening up an Amex card, he finally "caved in" by saying that it can be done later on, and begged me to do it as soon as possible. That "soon" will be never, because a short time later, I stuck on a GPE ROM that didn't have ISIS present on the device.

From what I've seen, not having ISIS isn't missing much. I don't like the fact that one has to open up a new line of credit. Nor that I have to use a root-hostile app. Google Wallet or Paypal do the same thing and I can use my existing cards/accounts, and I don't need a special SIM card.

mlts22

May 27, 2006
That makes sense. Maybe the fact that it was so strongly pushed when buying the device gave a bad first impression.

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall

You can download the app right from the play store. Just have to have the right sim. I tried on my GF's note 2 but the sim wasn't compatible. Just download it from the Play Store. Don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of a free $50 bucks of Gas, food, merchandise. You don't have to ever use it again. :good:

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
its blocked on playstore for a non branded device and will not install on the m8

You can download the app right from the play store. Just have to have the right sim. I tried on my GF's note 2 but the sim wasn't compatible. Just download it from the Play Store. Don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of a free $50 bucks of Gas, food, merchandise. You don't have to ever use it again. :good:

Wilsonium

Aug 24, 2011
Central Valley, CA
Google wallet you could use your own credit card through nfc where Isis you have to use their credit card, that's the only difference between the apps.

Actually, the difference is HUGE. Google Wallet takes the transaction and tries to authorize a purchase to your designated credit card. Google Wallet does not look or behave like your designated card. Transactions first go to google's servers, then google servers try to authorize the amount against your preferred card and if approved then approves the transaction. Google retains the information for the transaction. This is useless for me since on my statement all my Google Wallet transactions show up as Google transactions.

ISIS, on the other hand, actually emulates your selected card. All transaction data is passed thru just as if you used your card. Since it's emulating your card, merchant details will show up on your statement, not "Google". Google Wallet is useless for many many business travelers that submit expense reports via statements... myself included.

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
went to pick up my new M8 with the ATT store, and got the same nag about ISIS. The SIM is compatible, and ISIS was installed, and they offer $50 credit on it. Since I knew I will root the phone and it will die anyhow, I said yes, and immediately bought screen protector and other stuff for a total of $45 , actually not paying a dime..

Cane home, unlocked boot , S-OFF and rooted the phone. ISIS does not work now even with the Xposed root bypass (I suspect the HW on the new SIM is lower level binary than xposed is), but I don;t care as I have Wallet installed and working fine. Anyhow it works exactly at the same places in the US, plus in Europe.. :laugh:

Over all- Say yes for the ATT rep, and get $50 free stuff in the store right away.. I don't see how this is affecting credit score as this is not a credit line, but a prepaid e-wallet..

talon_262

Jan 22, 2008
Nashville, TN
went to pick up my new M8 with the ATT store, and got the same nag about ISIS. The SIM is compatible, and ISIS was installed, and they offer $50 credit on it. Since I knew I will root the phone and it will die anyhow, I said yes, and immediately bought screen protector and other stuff for a total of $45 , actually not paying a dime..

Cane home, unlocked boot , S-OFF and rooted the phone. ISIS does not work now even with the Xposed root bypass (I suspect the HW on the new SIM is lower level binary than xposed is), but I don;t care as I have Wallet installed and working fine. Anyhow it works exactly at the same places in the US, plus in Europe.. :laugh:

Over all- Say yes for the ATT rep, and get $50 free stuff in the store right away.. I don't see how this is affecting credit score as this is not a credit line, but a prepaid e-wallet..

Hmmm...I just unlocked, rooted and S-OFF'd my brand-new M8 over the weekend and loaded the latest ViperOne M8 ROM on it tonight; coming from the purposely gimped AT&T Galaxy S4, my modded M8 looks, runs, and sounds great, just like I want.

After using the latest Xposed ISIS root check bypass, I was able to get ISIS running just fine, signed up for it and Serve, and got my $50 credit (I didn't want to sign up in the store, because I wanted to get some more info on it first). Even if ISIS decides to stop working, the physical card should be here in a few days; the plus side to that is I'll be able to use that $50 anywhere that takes AMEX, even places without NFC terminals or at online stores, such as Amazon and Newegg.

"Free" money is always nice; it almost makes up for the taxes that I paid on the phone when I got it Friday.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionvista

tekkneke

Dec 2, 2011
Actually, the difference is HUGE. Google Wallet takes the transaction and tries to authorize a purchase to your designated credit card. Google Wallet does not look or behave like your designated card. Transactions first go to google's servers, then google servers try to authorize the amount against your preferred card and if approved then approves the transaction. Google retains the information for the transaction. This is useless for me since on my statement all my Google Wallet transactions show up as Google transactions.

ISIS, on the other hand, actually emulates your selected card. All transaction data is passed thru just as if you used your card. Since it's emulating your card, merchant details will show up on your statement, not "Google". Google Wallet is useless for many many business travelers that submit expense reports via statements... myself included.

Furthermore, at least it is my understanding, that since all of your purchases are funneling through Google, you won't get reward points on your credit cards for specific category purchases, and might not get them at all for the "everything else" category. For me, reward points and building credit are the whole purpose of me even using credit cards, so that's a huge red mark for Google Wallet.

This is how Google manages to support so many cards BTW. It's because they just make a "Google" purchase transaction on your card and then finance your purchase with Google Bucks. That may work for some, but it defeats the purpose for many, and at the very least, makes it difficult to track all your transactions.

To be fair, a lot of this is because AT&T is blocking Google from getting the appropriate contracts with CC companies, it's not like Google doesn't want to have the same type of service ISIS offers.

EDIT: I looked in to it further, and the other concern is that you would not get your credit card benefits either -- So kiss additional insurance, return protection, travel assurance, etc all goodbye. I wish that Google Wallet were what we all want it to be, but their current system is flawed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionvista

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
Im just gonna toss tis out there, the Amex card you start with Isis is a prepayed card. It is NOT a hit on your credit at all. I like it as I then have a actual plastic card for it as well and if my son is going on a school trip, or scout function or heck even mothers day, I simply handed the card to him and he can use what money I put on it.

As for google wallet, I like it for gas purchases. I have my ATM card on it and use that at the pump. sometimes. but mainly NFC isnt nearly as prevalent around me to make either of these apps worth much to me.

Oh and with rootcloak in exposed installer Isis is working on my rooted S-Off'd M8 runing SkyFall from iBastid....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just gotta ask...why would you bother with ISIS when Google Wallet supposedly works out of the box
    Other getting a one time $50 credit for opening a card with them Isis is pointless and refuse to use the app, specially cause its ugly.

Hmmm...I just unlocked, rooted and S-OFF'd my brand-new M8 over the weekend and loaded the latest ViperOne M8 ROM on it tonight; coming from the purposely gimped AT&T Galaxy S4, my modded M8 looks, runs, and sounds great, just like I want.

After using the latest Xposed ISIS root check bypass, I was able to get ISIS running just fine, signed up for it and Serve, and got my $50 credit (I didn't want to sign up in the store, because I wanted to get some more info on it first). Even if ISIS decides to stop working, the physical card should be here in a few days; the plus side to that is I'll be able to use that $50 anywhere that takes AMEX, even places without NFC terminals or at online stores, such as Amazon and Newegg.

"Free" money is always nice; it almost makes up for the taxes that I paid on the phone when I got it Friday.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Furthermore, at least it is my understanding, that since all of your purchases are funneling through Google, you won't get reward points on your credit cards for specific category purchases, and might not get them at all for the "everything else" category. For me, reward points and building credit are the whole purpose of me even using credit cards, so that's a huge red mark for Google Wallet.

This is how Google manages to support so many cards BTW. It's because they just make a "Google" purchase transaction on your card and then finance your purchase with Google Bucks. That may work for some, but it defeats the purpose for many, and at the very least, makes it difficult to track all your transactions.

To be fair, a lot of this is because AT&T is blocking Google from getting the appropriate contracts with CC companies, it's not like Google doesn't want to have the same type of service ISIS offers.

EDIT: I looked in to it further, and the other concern is that you would not get your credit card benefits either -- So kiss additional insurance, return protection, travel assurance, etc all goodbye. I wish that Google Wallet were what we all want it to be, but their current system is flawed.