Dell HDMI android stick

336 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By smartymcfly, Senior Member on 5th February 2014, 03:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2014, 03:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just got one of these. I've never owned an Android device before. I was considering rooting it. Does anyone have any advice in that regard?

22nd May 2016, 11:15 PM |#12  

More
Dell cs-1a13
2016 Thread Resurrection

It is not necessary to signup for Cloud Client Manager(CCM) to configure device if you select skip button during setup. However signing up for CCM does get you a newer build from Dell. My setup has a resolution issue that make all control you usually see on Android not visible. Which make setup a bit tricky. This issue will continue until resolution is setup correctly. To skip CCM setup move mouse to the bottom of the screen to select skip button that may not be visible. You can address resolution issue by opening the Application drawer, hidden in the top right due to resolution issue. Once the appdrawer is open Select AppUpdater to get all stock applications updated. After update device should now have an application named "ResizeScreen" which should address resolution issue. Not sure if this application only appears in new build downloaded as I did not find the application drawer until after I updated build from Dell.

Ensure to enable "Test Touchscreen support" in Developer options in setting to unblock applications you download that are blocked due to dependency on this setting. I was able to gain root with KingoRoot tethered root method, APK method failed. The KingoRoot SuperSU installed forces portrait resolution on all root privilege request, not good for a TV setup. Supersu I downloaded from Google Appstore works right but it seems KingoRoot SuperSu supersedes it. Devices is a little under powered compared to current Android devices, but It may still make a nice little HTPC. CPU is the same as a Samsung GS2. I am trying to figure out how to get recovery working on this device. I am wondering if I can just flash the same recovery as GS2 or will I need to compile recovery specific to this device? Specs below from CPU-Z.

Device
Manufacturer DELL
Model ID CS-1A13
Android Version 4.1.2
Kernel Version 3.0.31
Battery Capacity 1500 mAh
SoC (Processor)
Architecture ARM (armv7l)
SoC Model Broadcom BCM28155
SoC Family 2x ARM Cortex-A9 @999 MHz
Frequency 999 MHz / Min: 312 MHz - Max: 999 MHz
Main CPU Cores 2 Cores / 2 Threads
Process 40 nm
CPUID 41.3.7.C09.0
Revision R3P0
Features SWP HALF THUMB FASTMULT VFP EDSP THUMBEE NEON VFPV3
Bogomips 2400.25 MIPS
Display (GPU / LCD)
SoC Manufacturer Broadcom
SoC Model VideoCore IV HW
OpenGL Ver. 2.0
LCD Size 13.8 inches / 35.1 cm
LCD Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
LCD Definition 160 DPI
Memory
RAM 653 MB (1 GB)
Flash 3023 MB
16th January 2017, 01:00 PM |#13  

More
has anyone managed to install an updated android version ie 4.4 or upwards, dell dont have one and it wont run powerpoint
25th January 2017, 12:37 PM |#14  

More
dellcomputers
Quote:
Originally Posted by siratfus

The dell marketing seems to be focused on the work environment, and this need to connect a mouse and keyboard.

But yeah, I'd like to know too if it does what Chromecast does. Can I watch movies and cast from my smartphone? Can I mirror display?

The dell marketing seems to be focused on the work environment, and this need to connect a mouse and keyboard.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)