[Q] Should I get the Xperia SP against the Moto G ?

Search This thread

x.marX

Apr 21, 2012
Only advantage of SP over G is the memocard and LTE.
If you can live without them get MotoG/16GB and you'll be OK.
I changed from Moto G to SP, but regret it...
Why ?
I think SP is better compared to the Moto G in everything except the price !
If possible try to save enough money for Xperia ZR or LG Optimus G. Since both the product are getting pretty old, you may have huge discounts on them.
I'll be getting the ZR if Sony won't price the G right but I wonder how long Sony push out updates for the ZR coz its getting old !

Bazilli

Oct 3, 2011
Oulu
Why ?
I think SP is better compared to the Moto G in everything except the price !

I'll be getting the ZR if Sony won't price the G right but I wonder how long Sony push out updates for the ZR coz its getting old !

Maybe better in specs and benchmarks but OS still sucks hard. Even after latest upgrade its slow compared to other devises.

I don't know any other phone which freeses totaly when play store updates 1mb app. :D

Last edited:

x.marX

Apr 21, 2012
Yes, every stock based Xperia roms suffers install lag.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Oh..thats sad !

BTW, with each passing day without any announcement from Sony regarding the Xperia G, I'm more and more drawn to the Blackberry Z10 !!
I think its a great device with good camera and a great price too.
But, I would miss "Xposed" :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sp is a good phone. Has a great camera. And feels premium to hold. In fact when my friend got it, I liked it so much that I sold my Galaxy s4 and bought an xperia z. Hope this helps.
    Plus Sony makes camera modules for a lot of other manufacturers like Apple iPhones. Samsung galaxy series. So u almost always get a. Good camera with a mid range and higher sony phones

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Xperia SP's camera is a huge disappointment, if that's a big thing for you, looks elsewhere. I read that GS4 mini's camera is pretty good (though, it's only 5mpx, if I recall). Where XSP shines is in it's processing power, since it has a decent processor and Adreno 320 GPU, which GS4 mini lacks. However, the lack of KitKat and 1GB of RAM make the Xperia SP hard to recommend.

You should also check Xperia ZR, where I live, it is just $10-$15dls more expensive than Xperia SP. xperia ZR is water-proof and has a 13MPX with a Quad-Core processor.
    Xperia SP's camera is so pathetic that I am sure Moto G's pics will be much better than SP's. The reason I bought SP is its processing power and awesome design.
    You are concerned about SP camera but not about moto G camera? Haha. My friend has moto G, ant trust me, if you need (seems like that's your main priority) decent camera dont eve think about moto G. I have chosen SP over moto G and they both are about the same price.
    Yet if you have doubts about SP camera, you can look into S3/S4mini (I considered those as options for me, but SP in overall seemed a better choice) or lumia 920 (I also considered this, but I need option too record my calls and WPs cant offer this yet L920 camera is amazing and I would assume price would be similar if its still available in sale).
    trust me

I thought Moto G's camera was betther than SP's :eek:

The problem with Samsung is that their designs look so awful to me. Sony and HTC are much much better.

I'm an Opera Mini/Mobile/Desktop addict, can't use any other browser (lots of bookmarks and notes in the Opera in my account) and sadly, that rules WP devices like 920.

My options currently:
    1. Blackberry Z10. If it has an android ROM, I would be going for this one but there isn't any AFAIK.
    2. Upcoming Xperia G
    3. Xperia SP
    4. Xperia ZR
    5. Samsung GS4 Mini
    6. Samsung GS3
    Good to know that we are on the same track about Samesong. :D I hate them.

Z10 was an option for me too, but it was too little hardware for the the price for me, so I left it out yet it seems to work flawlessly in youtube videos. Also it is very sexy device and since 10.2.1 OS update it supports .apk files so basically its an android with Blackberry stuff. Why would you need a ROM for Z10? Just for sake of flashing something or there is serious reason?

Xperia G seems ok. Is it known when it will be available? Are you ready to wait (and possibly wait to find out if you would afford it when its released)?