FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 273
 
By jackie099, Senior Member on 20th March 2014, 03:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2014, 08:33 AM |#141  
iBuzman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 660
 
More
Thx @ChillyChan (great team effort between you and @jackie099 or as you will be known from now on Team Jackie Chan... )

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBuzman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBuzman Ad-Free
 
 
11th April 2014, 09:10 AM |#142  
arceles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
So far perfect for the 757, thanks!
11th April 2014, 09:14 AM |#143  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Is it possible to just update the FW without wiping data?
11th April 2014, 09:16 AM |#144  
maxld's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fntms

Is it possible to just update the FW without wiping data?

Yup, just uncheck wipe data option in Flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxld Ad-Free
11th April 2014, 02:16 PM |#145  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzman

Thx @ChillyChan (great team effort between you and @jackie099 or as you will be known from now on Team Jackie Chan... )

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

lolz
The Following User Says Thank You to ChillyChan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChillyChan Ad-Free
11th April 2014, 07:09 PM |#146  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arceles

So far perfect for the 757, thanks!

wouldnt there be improvements/ bug changes made in .757 kernal?
11th April 2014, 09:55 PM |#147  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado85

wouldnt there be improvements/ bug changes made in .757 kernal?

Yes there are changes, I'll have a look to see if I can see anything interesting...

"23 changed files with 241 additions and 134 deletions."
Lots changes in gpu stuff
input fix looks interesting: "/* removed to avoid the injection of fake key release events */"
memorycard fix for too low removal: "...pr_debug("%s: card removed too slowly\n", mmc_hostname(host));..."

Lots of other stuff I don't know jack about:
https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_...81f0b4b439d167
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueether Ad-Free
11th April 2014, 10:38 PM |#148  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,679
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Yes there are changes, I'll have a look to see if I can see anything interesting...

"23 changed files with 241 additions and 134 deletions."
Lots changes in gpu stuff
input fix looks interesting: "/* removed to avoid the injection of fake key release events */"
memorycard fix for too low removal: "...pr_debug("%s: card removed too slowly\n", mmc_hostname(host));..."

Lots of other stuff I don't know jack about:
https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_...81f0b4b439d167

Very nice. I've noticed a dramatic increase in battery life after going back to a 757 kernel (the one Chan posted) from the 681. Love it.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 02:57 AM |#149  
balabak69's Avatar
Member
Flag Sabah
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
can i flash the .757 kernel to root my phone? then after rooted can i relock my bootloader back using the same kernel? my TA partition is already back up.....
12th April 2014, 03:44 AM |#150  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balabak69

can i flash the .757 kernel to root my phone? then after rooted can i relock my bootloader back using the same kernel? my TA partition is already back up.....

The only reason to relock the BL now is for servicing or netflix as xreality works with a locked BL in 4.4.2
12th April 2014, 04:05 AM |#151  
avetny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Private Island.
Thanks Meter: 1,726
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyChan

Fixed kernel with Philz Touch and TWRP for 757,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...philz_twrp.img

nice man thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to avetny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avetny Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes