Damaged CM11 and limited ability to access my backups

Search This thread

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
I ran in quite a bad trouble on my Nexus 7.
I a using bruce2728's version of CM11 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545628 ) which is from my point of view the best around.
Last version got pretty nasty fc when using ART (which is my daily driver). This happens. I rebooted in Recovery (TWRP) and tryied flashing my previous ROM over. Unfortunately I ended up with a screwed up CM11. Notifications don't show up, neither does the top menu with parameters, etc... The home button is not working either. I can boot. I can launch applications (Most of which are ok). #g Network doesn't work anymore either, but Wifi does.
I obviously wiped cache & dalvick, also wiped system just in case. No improvement.
So... I thought to go for a factory reset. However as far as I understand if I do that in TWRP, I will lose my data. Which I don't want...I back up everything with Titanium backup on a regular basis. But I am now in a situation where I cannot access my internal SD card from my PC. Whenever I connect the Nexus to the PC, I can see the device but when I click on it I can't see any data. I tried disabling re-enabling MTP, tried disable-enabling USB debug, wiped all drivers from my PC and then reinstalled... Never works. The Nexus shows up, but always an empty folder.
It's extremely frustrating. The ROM half works (at least enough to access my data) but I just can't move them out
I am left with the possibility to upload my data to Gdrive or DropBox but it will take weeks to upload and then redownload (I am on a slow Wifi)
Is there anyway I can wipe the system data without touching my Internal SD Card? I guess that would be the right solution, then reinstall the ROM. I also thought about backing up with TWRP, but given the size of what is being backed up it very much looks like I am backing up my System data and not my internal SD card.
Aaah it's so frustrating not to have any external SD... Was so simple to fix on my Samsung :(

Ra1nst0rm

Feb 1, 2012
Moscow
Do you have all your data backed up to sd?
Factory reset will wipe only /cache and /data NOT /sdcard with titanium backups

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Do you have all your data backed up to sd?
Factory reset will wipe only /cache and /data NOT /sdcard with titanium backups

Only the system data and a few stuff. Pics, etc are on my SD card. Don't wanna lose them.
But do you mean my /sdcard is protected from factory reset? I am on TWRP I thought factory reset also takes away the sdcard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Ra1nst0rm

Feb 1, 2012
Moscow
Only the system data and a few stuff. Pics, etc are on my SD card. Don't wanna lose them.
But do you mean my /sdcard is protected from factory reset? I am on TWRP I thought factory reset also takes away the sdcard

You can just select advanced wipe and choose system,dalvik cache,cache and thats all.then just reinstall your current rom and you shouldnt lose any of your sdcard files

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
You can just select advanced wipe and choose system,dalvik cache,cache and thats all.then just reinstall your current rom and you shouldnt lose any of your sdcard files

That's what I initially did. But unfortunately it didn't fix my ROM at all :(
Still completely screwed

Ra1nst0rm

Feb 1, 2012
Moscow
Try to boot into recovery - plug phone in pc and start adb. Then use - adb pull /sdcard/ /sdcard

Reactions: Alcibiade

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Try to boot into recovery - plug phone in pc and start adb. Then use - adb pull /sdcard/ /sdcard

Thanks that was the next think I was considering. Was just a bit busy to reinstall the android dev framework. Will try. Crossing finger for it to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.