Thanks Meter: 2,443

Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2014, 10:17 PM |#31  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipabeta

Are you saying, you know how to fix the reverted recovery really, make it plainer

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app

If you have root from flashing CWM then you can delete (or move it out and keep as a trophy!) a file from /system folder called reboot-from-recovery.p before you try flashing CWM again.
This seems to be the thing that keeps restoring stock recovery over CWM, I checked again last night and it's still CWM 6.0.4.6
The Following User Says Thank You to LondonMpee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LondonMpee Ad-Free

8th April 2014, 01:55 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thank you, try it out

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 08:12 AM |#33  
Flag Argentina
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks, I tried it and it works great both backup and restore. Only one problem the first attempt to delete dalvik cache. Error "Can not partition device: or" is presented on the screen. On the second attempt seems clear the cache. Check this.
11th April 2014, 04:55 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
corsicanu, could you upload the recovery.img for the old recovery? or, could you create a flashable zip (I cannot install it with odin for some reason). It is really needed, I need to restore a backup created by that recovery and I cannot install it and cannot find .img only .tar format.
11th April 2014, 06:17 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag București

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argdie

Thanks, I tried it and it works great both backup and restore. Only one problem the first attempt to delete dalvik cache. Error "Can not partition device: or" is presented on the screen. On the second attempt seems clear the cache. Check this.

Can`t check right now `cause i don`t have the phone any more.. Will see.. So for now the bugs are dalvik cache not working from first attempt and partition sd card.. Don`t know for sure when i will compile another cwm.. Sorry ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by didije

corsicanu, could you upload the recovery.img for the old recovery? or, could you create a flashable zip (I cannot install it with odin for some reason). It is really needed, I need to restore a backup created by that recovery and I cannot install it and cannot find .img only .tar format.

Here you have it.. https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-zM...xport=download Please test it and report if it`s working..
Rearranged files in gdrive . You will find all in here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...MzZUpxXzg#list
Cheers and happy weekend!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corsicanu Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 04:02 AM |#36  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs up CWM Touch
@corsicanu

could you give a try to touch recovery ?????????
12th April 2014, 08:31 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu

Here you have it.. https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-zM...xport=download Please test it and report if it`s working..

Working great. Thanks..
The Following User Says Thank You to didije For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift didije Ad-Free
19th November 2014, 11:36 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry to bother, but it doesn't matter what I try I can't see to be able to install CWM.

First time I tried a problem appeared, Odin wasn't recognizing my phone. I realized that the drivers of my phone weren't installed on Windows (I hardly ever use Windows, and my Fame Duos (S6812B) is brand new, so I hadn't used it on Windows yet), and installed Kies.

Tried installing using what you said, unchecking the two options (which made the process finish with a "Pass" message, but the progress bar in my phone got full and nothing happened afterwards, wait some minutes and it didn't change, so I pressed the power button until it reset). Didn't work (recovery was still the stock recovery). Tried killing all Kies related processes on my PC before opening Odin and doing the same process, the recovery buttons still open the stock recovery. Tried the same thing, this time letting the two options you asked to uncheck checked (all the other places where I've seen to install this CWM on the fame didn't ask this), and still, the recovery is the stock one

Do you have any idea about what's that I'm doing wrong? Did I need to check something, have an SD Card in my phone or some other requisite that wasn't on the How-to?

Thank you very much.
20th November 2014, 06:28 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag București

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelBarros

Sorry to bother, but it doesn't matter what I try I can't see to be able to install CWM.

First time I tried a problem appeared, Odin wasn't recognizing my phone. I realized that the drivers of my phone weren't installed on Windows (I hardly ever use Windows, and my Fame Duos (S6812B) is brand new, so I hadn't used it on Windows yet), and installed Kies.

Tried installing using what you said, unchecking the two options (which made the process finish with a "Pass" message, but the progress bar in my phone got full and nothing happened afterwards, wait some minutes and it didn't change, so I pressed the power button until it reset). Didn't work (recovery was still the stock recovery). Tried killing all Kies related processes on my PC before opening Odin and doing the same process, the recovery buttons still open the stock recovery. Tried the same thing, this time letting the two options you asked to uncheck checked (all the other places where I've seen to install this CWM on the fame didn't ask this), and still, the recovery is the stock one

Do you have any idea about what's that I'm doing wrong? Did I need to check something, have an SD Card in my phone or some other requisite that wasn't on the How-to?

Thank you very much.

Root via that chinese method (vroot or something), install a root explorer and search in /system for a file named reboot-from-recovery.p and move/delete it, unzip the archive containing the recovery and use Flashify from store to flash it.. Please try and report if you succeeded. Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corsicanu Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 08:08 AM |#40  
OP Senior Member
Flag București

Donate to Me
More
Updated OP with 6.0.5.1 recovery - @wulsic`s work.
Don`t forget to visit his threads and thank him for this awesome work for our device(s). Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corsicanu Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 01:05 PM |#41  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,691

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu

Updated OP with 6.0.5.1 recovery - @wulsic`s work.
Don`t forget to visit his threads and thank him for this awesome work for our device(s). Cheers!

finally,updated 8| ,about your speedtest woah
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.0.5.1, clockwork, clockworkmod recovery, cwm, galaxy fame

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)