[Q] New HTC m8 Question

Search This thread

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys so I just got a new M8 through ATT. I was wondering since they shipped the phone to me can I just activate the new sim card and put it in the phone no problems? Or do I need to Activate the phone as well. I purchased and had it shipped from ATT. Just wondering since I never had to activate my nexus 4 and don't remember for my LG G2.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 0pen

WinterApocalypse

Mar 27, 2011
Barrie
Hey guys so I just got a new M8 through ATT. I was wondering since they shipped the phone to me can I just activate the new sim card and put it in the phone no problems? Or do I need to Activate the phone as well. I purchased and had it shipped from ATT. Just wondering since I never had to activate my nexus 4 and don't remember for my LG G2.

Thanks for the help!

As long as the sim you have is compatible with the carrier you ordered from, and your sim is currently working, you won't have any problem just putting it into a new phone.

That being said, it needs to be the right size simcard. The One M8 using a NanoSim. If your current sim is not a nanosim you'll need to go into the store and have them transfer your account information onto a new sim (this is usually done for free).

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
As long as the sim you have is compatible with the carrier you ordered from, and your sim is currently working, you won't have any problem just putting it into a new phone.

That being said, it needs to be the right size simcard. The One M8 using a NanoSim. If your current sim is not a nanosim you'll need to go into the store and have them transfer your account information onto a new sim (this is usually done for free).

Thanks the phone came with a new sim card!

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Depending on how your provider works, booting up the M8 with the new sim should deactivate your old sim if they're tied to the same number. If that's not the case, you'll likely have to transfer your account to the new sim over the phone or in store.

Yeah I knew that. Just had to make sure there wasnt some sort of activating the phone as for some reason.
Thanks!

Reactions: WinterApocalypse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the help!
    Depending on how your provider works, booting up the M8 with the new sim should deactivate your old sim if they're tied to the same number. If that's not the case, you'll likely have to transfer your account to the new sim over the phone or in store.

Yeah I knew that. Just had to make sure there wasnt some sort of activating the phone as for some reason.
    Thanks!