[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

Search This thread

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
wouldnt there be improvements/ bug changes made in .757 kernal?

Yes there are changes, I'll have a look to see if I can see anything interesting...

"23 changed files with 241 additions and 134 deletions."
Lots changes in gpu stuff
input fix looks interesting: "/* removed to avoid the injection of fake key release events */"
memorycard fix for too low removal: "...pr_debug("%s: card removed too slowly\n", mmc_hostname(host));..."

Lots of other stuff I don't know jack about:
https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android...mmit/e1bfcffa8353b4bda6ae252bda81f0b4b439d167

Reactions: LordManhattan

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Yes there are changes, I'll have a look to see if I can see anything interesting...

input fix looks interesting: "/* removed to avoid the injection of fake key release events */"
memorycard fix for too low removal: "...pr_debug("%s: card removed too slowly\n", mmc_hostname(host));..."

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android...mmit/e1bfcffa8353b4bda6ae252bda81f0b4b439d167

Very nice. I've noticed a dramatic increase in battery life after going back to a 757 kernel (the one Chan posted) from the 681. Love it.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

balabak69

Aug 12, 2013
Sabah
can i flash the .757 kernel to root my phone? then after rooted can i relock my bootloader back using the same kernel? my TA partition is already back up.....

msi.1362

Jul 19, 2009
Z Ultra 6802 .681 stock kernel

Thanks for the work
I successfully used it.
But now, I want to get the .757 OTA update. My device does not show the update, but PC companion shows it. It seems I need to do some reverse steps to get the OTA update, like flash stock kernel and lock the bootloader. Would you please help me?
I have no access to the stock kernel too. So please share it.
Regards.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks for the work
I successfully used it.
But now, I want to get the .757 OTA update. My device does not show the update, but PC companion shows it. It seems I need to do some reverse steps to get the OTA update, like flash stock kernel and lock the bootloader. Would you please help me?
I have no access to the stock kernel too. So please share it.
Regards.

As you have a unlocked BL it will be just as easy to flash a FTF of the new firmware with flashtool

msi.1362

Jul 19, 2009
As you have a unlocked BL it will be just as easy to flash a FTF of the new firmware with flashtool

I already know that. But don't want to download a huge file just for small fixes. The OTA weights too low to download.
Is there any way to receive the OTA and install it?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I already know that. But don't want to download a huge file just for small fixes. The OTA weights too low to download.
Is there any way to receive the OTA and install it?

answer would be appreciated.

Coolpsi

Feb 8, 2014
Faro

Hello "Blueether", having being out for a few days, I have just realized that there is a new kernel (757, from chilly Chan) for the latest Sony oficial update (.681). Even after reading all the posts, I wasn't abble to fully compreend what the improvements are, but I supose this kernel is better than the previous one, correct? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hello "Blueether", having being out for a few days, I have just realized that there is a new kernel (757, from chilly Chan) for the latest Sony oficial update (.681). Even after reading all the posts, I wasn't abble to fully compreend what the improvements are, but I supose this kernel is better than the previous one, correct? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

there is also the whole 757 FTF out ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kernel is repacked from kernel in C6833 14.3.A.0.681
    It should work for C6802 C6833 and C6806 114.3.A.0.681.

ONLY FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES!!!

Features:
    Dual Recovery (CWM+TWRP)
    Sony_RIC Disabled

You can root your device easily by flashing supersu.zip in recovery

Kernel Download:https://mega.co.nz/#!w1UwiQaY!2ojG5TR6CpDRXeVAkRoPcLQW1-Sh7ZoeanOHvq44aPU
    SuperSU Download:https://mega.co.nz/#!t18y2SRb!WwXemirwFBTqpxeNYrJJLC1jwH7R13NQE-uU7yEBk2Y

Easy HOW-TO flash guide:
    Code:
    fastboot.exe flash boot 681.img

Thanks @Chainfire for his SuperSU.

Here is a video root guide from @hamdogg, Thank you!
    ill make one for 757 right after going back home on friday.
    Ok... seems to be a lot of people having problems. The guide is pretty easy, but if coming from a different device (samsung, HTC) then it is different. I made a little video. Hope it helps iron out some edges that you can't get over...

Shove that in the OP if you think it helps Jak
    Hai guys I have stock cellphone with. 681 is it possible to root?

Inviato dal mio C6833 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello "Luca_vivi" yes it is possible to root your phone, however, as suggested by "blueether" you will have to read some threads. Resuming it, it doesn't seem to be possible to root your phone without downgrading your firmware (for exemple to .532), or unlocking your bootloader first. The problem is, when unlocking the bootloader you will loose an important partition of your phone (TA partition), and without root you can't backup that partition! So, in order to do that, you have to:
    1 - downgrade your firmware via flash tool;
    2 - Root you phone;
    3 - Backup the TA partition;
    4 - Unlock the bootloader;
    5 - Flash again the .681 firmware via flash tool;
    6 - Flash the proposed kernel on this thread via flash tool;
    7 - Installing the superuser via custom recovery;
    8 - update te superuser binary if needed.

Take a look to this thread from "lordManhattan": http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Good luck! :)