[APP][2.2+] Spy Camera OS (Open Source)

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 304

By jimmod, Senior Member on 13th October 2012, 03:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2014, 08:26 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I like the app so far but just wondering is there a way to make the focus for video to be continuous instead of auto? I notice once it runs it does a blur kind of refocus effect every second and responds slow while zooming in compared to autofocus being off

7th April 2014, 08:28 PM |#442  
Thanks Meter: 385

More
@jimmod:

Can you please add an option for audio only (some compressed format ie: amr/aac/mp3) recording on the next version?
8th April 2014, 03:09 AM |#443  
Thanks Meter: 385

More
Would it be possible to make a donate version without network permission available on Playstore?
The Following User Says Thank You to klau1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klau1 Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 03:40 AM |#444  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
hi jimmy congratulations to version 0.3. I had to reward your assiduity with the donate version, which I bought.

can be made in the new version pictures when the display is turned off? (not the blackscreen mode)

as we know android kills the apps that stay too long in the background. what can we do to prevent this?

perhaps are options for root user helpful?

best regards
12th April 2014, 06:15 AM |#445  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUG313

been using this for a while, and it's an amazing app! just purchased donate and updated to beta, it's looking amazing!! I'm going to test it out for a while...

I have something to suggest, I think a more discreet widget is essential... a friend of mine saw this power looking thing and spotted it right away and started asking ''what if I click this?'' and stuff... I think, maybe a battery meter, or a clock for example, or both, would be much more discreet!

oh and I love the new interface and icon!

Thank you for the feedback & support
Later I could add more option to select the icon used for widget. Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroevo

I like the app so far but just wondering is there a way to make the focus for video to be continuous instead of auto? I notice once it runs it does a blur kind of refocus effect every second and responds slow while zooming in compared to autofocus being off

I was testing the two focus in V0.3
Somehow I feel continuous didn't really work well on some device. Will test more on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

@jimmod:

Can you please add an option for audio only (some compressed format ie: amr/aac/mp3) recording on the next version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

Would it be possible to make a donate version without network permission available on Playstore?

Audio recording didn't really the spy camera focus, but I will add it on my list to make sure I remember this request.
Network permission is used for the auto email sending, so I cannot remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato§

hi jimmy congratulations to version 0.3. I had to reward your assiduity with the donate version, which I bought.

can be made in the new version pictures when the display is turned off? (not the blackscreen mode)

as we know android kills the apps that stay too long in the background. what can we do to prevent this?

perhaps are options for root user helpful?

best regards

Hello, thank you for the support.
V0.3 should work even you turn off your display, do you have trouble with it?
Since it running fully in background it should still run and Android OS should kill it (except it really in low memory)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmod Ad-Free
19th April 2014, 01:55 AM |#446  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation Latest Update...
I have been using this app for about 8 months now and it has been amazing. I am able to capture those moments with my child that I would otherwise not be able to if I was using the phone like a camera.

This latest update to version 0.3 (310) has rendered the app unusable unfortunately on my HTC One. I like that it adds the options to the notification bar, but I can no longer take a photo with the app. When I first start it I will see the camera view, but clicking capture just changes the bottom menu to say "capture" and "stop"; of which only stop is clickable. When I am in black mode nothing happens at all. When I try burst nothing happens either. When I leave black mode the image from the camera stops being shown in the middle of the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the donate and the regular version with no change, I have tried changing the path and resolution, which camera it is shooting from, and basically every option available.

Hope you get this fixed soon because it is one great app you have here!
19th April 2014, 03:46 AM |#447  

More
I recently upgraded from Samsung Galaxy S3 to S5 and tried to run both 0.2 and the 0.3 beta version. It appeared that in both versions, the capturing speed of pictures is much slower in S5 (from ~0.5 sec to 1-2 sec) when pressing the volume button for continuous capturing. It is strange that the native camera app can take at max 2 pics per second but not in SC-OS. The function of the volume button also does not match with the settings. When pressing the volume down button, it still takes pictures but volume is tuning down at the same time. It would be great if you address this issue in the coming release of this marvelous software!
19th April 2014, 04:57 AM |#448  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notseen

I have been using this app for about 8 months now and it has been amazing. I am able to capture those moments with my child that I would otherwise not be able to if I was using the phone like a camera.

This latest update to version 0.3 (310) has rendered the app unusable unfortunately on my HTC One. I like that it adds the options to the notification bar, but I can no longer take a photo with the app. When I first start it I will see the camera view, but clicking capture just changes the bottom menu to say "capture" and "stop"; of which only stop is clickable. When I am in black mode nothing happens at all. When I try burst nothing happens either. When I leave black mode the image from the camera stops being shown in the middle of the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the donate and the regular version with no change, I have tried changing the path and resolution, which camera it is shooting from, and basically every option available.

Hope you get this fixed soon because it is one great app you have here!

Hi, can you send me email via setting - send feedback.
When you click capture it should change to capture & stop until it finished capturing. If it stuck on that most likely it stuck when capturing, can you try different image resolution (example from high-res to low-res) to see which resolution that having issue.
If you able to see image preview, low-res image capture should be ok.

When you are in black mode, do you mean when you touch the screen it doesn't trigger image capture? I think similar like above issue.
19th April 2014, 08:08 PM |#449  

More
jimmod did you get my email regarding the sd card issue update? I've sent it to jwork.spy.camera.os at gmail.com
I've sent it on 15.4.2014
20th April 2014, 03:32 AM |#450  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer954

jimmod did you get my email regarding the sd card issue update? I've sent it to jwork.spy.camera.os at gmail.com
I've sent it on 15.4.2014

Replied it.
I still cannot find a way to create directory on Kitkat external SDCard
For creating new images it can be done using Mediastore trick (although I'm not sure how compatible this 'hack' on various phones)
21st April 2014, 06:56 AM |#451  

More
Good morning,

I hust updated this wonderful program to last version but I prefer a lot previous version so I tried to download apk from link in first page but I receive this error message:

We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.
Find out more about this topic at the Google Drive Help Center.

What can I do?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, camera, hidden, spy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)