Xperia Z1 BL Unlock 4.4

Search This thread

DeejayTelis

Aug 1, 2012
Athens
Hello xda community,
I recently upgraded from my .257 4.2.2 JellyBean to .757 4.4.2 KitKat in a series of flashing (.257 -> .290 -> .681 -> .757) :p .
After successfully upgrading to latest stock firmware thanks to NUT for his awesome tuts, i lost no personal data or settings neither i lost root.
But, after wandering around in the forum i said it'd be awesome to get a DoomKernel and start overclocking.
After reading certain stuff, i got confused and didn't really know if it was safe for me to do it.
So, i would kindly like to ask you..
-How can i unlock my Bootloader without losing personal settings and data? ( I read i should backup TA, can i do it via TWRP recovery?, and can i after unlocking BL, restore everything except TA to get my stuff back?)
-Also, after unlocking BL, can i flash DoomLord's kernel without again losing stuff?
-And, I read that it is possible to "get" the camera (or some apps from the camera) from Z2 to the Z1, is it safe, for me to do it, and if it's not hard to explain, how can i do it?
-Can I keep Bravia Engine, Clear Audio, Bionz etc after all this?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance guys.! :)

Everything I learn from you, pushes me to keep learning more stuff about the android world, and makes me want to share it with everyone! I've been rooting and installing custom stuff to last gen 2011-2012 and some 2013 devices for my friends for about a year or more and also, started to explain some of the stuff i learned to them, every last bit that you tell me, i remember it, and transfer it to others, thank you guys, you are my Sensei :D

DeejayTelis

Aug 1, 2012
Athens
You unlock the bootloader by following the official guide from the don't website, just Google it.
You will lose all ordinal days etc.
Backup your TA first using TA backup tool, just Google it.
After unlock you can flash doom kernel using Fastboot

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok, thank you. I backed up with TA backup from pc and also full backup from TWRP. Unlocked my BL and restored everything from TWRP except kernel and TA. Rebooted and everything was just as before but with BL unlocked. Then i flashed doomkernel v11 and all is fine yet. Haven't had even one problem. Now i want to try installing superuser MOD, so i can try the z2 camera port which sounds awesome. But i read it only works for. 681 fw versions. Can i downgrade just by flashing the one that NUT had uploaded.? Or is it safe for my fw version to try.? Sorry to bother you again mate :eek:
:angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You unlock the bootloader by following the official guide from the don't website, just Google it.
    You will lose all ordinal days etc.
    Backup your TA first using TA backup tool, just Google it.
    After unlock you can flash doom kernel using Fastboot

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    It should be fine on 757 firmware.
    I am using it now on that FW
    The 2 links are the same thread.

As for that smart camera port, it is not working properly yet. I just meant the superuser mod is working fine.