The S5 Experience V1.5 [4.4.2] [Galaxy S5]

Search This thread

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
Reactions: 1987dram and x61tab

x61tab

Dec 11, 2012
Odin is not needed if you are running Safestrap 3.72 and already on a KitKat based ROM.

If you are on a Jelly Bean based ROM you will need to upgrade from JB to KK using Odin. Here is the link to doing so in case anyone needs it....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712039

Are you saying I cannot enter into safestrap to flash the rom without odin on version 3.71 or I need version 3.72 for KK rom to function on the phone. Because, right now, I can enter safestrap and flash roms at ease without odin but I am on 3.71.

x61tab

Dec 11, 2012
Great work. I noticed there is not option to tether, could you include that in your next update?

Last edited:

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
Are you saying I cannot enter into safestrap to flash the rom without odin on version 3.71 or I need version 3.72 for KK rom to function on the phone. Because, right now, I can enter safestrap and flash roms at ease without odin but I am on 3.71.

As of version 3.72 Safestrap recovery for KK has been updated to run just like Safestrap 3.71 for Jellybean. If you are already on KK with Safestrap installed then you do not need Odin to get into Safestrap...you enter it thru the splash screen on boot.

The only thing Odin is required for nowadays is if you are on Jelly Bean and want to update to KK or if you are on KK and want to restore back to Jellybean.

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com
I cant get your mega link to download

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Well i guess theres no help for this thread... thanks anyways

Hey you guys know that not all devs sit on the computer constantly all day long you know somebody may be at work he did mention he can't get any screen shots until tonight so maybe he's at work man give the guy a break if it doesn't work just wait until it does work

Last edited:

yeeserious

Mar 25, 2010
Seattle

someone correct me if I am wrong since I am new to flashing, but I think you need to have the MLG AP and BL flashed through Odin.

3.72 is meant for KK, you'll need to uninstall your 3.71 recovery and S'S app before installing 3.72 btw

Running the rom right now. Operates nice. I haven't gone through setting everything up yet. I've only noticed that when I go to sell a wall paper or theme from the home screen that it states there's no application to do so.

Jtrain88

Sep 27, 2012
Edgewood, Tx

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Buddy chillax I'm at work..try a different Internet browser..try yoour phone via the mega app..give some info as to what's not working...I just checked the link it's working fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vjoom and jreed3786

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
someone correct me if I am wrong since I am new to flashing, but I think you need to have the MLG AP and BL flashed through Odin.

3.72 is meant for KK, you'll need to uninstall your 3.71 recovery and S'S app before installing 3.72 btw

Running the rom right now. Operates nice. I haven't gone through setting everything up yet. I've only noticed that when I go to sell a wall paper or theme from the home screen that it states there's no application to do so.

I have had that error on my JB Rom as well...weird.

Jtrain88

Sep 27, 2012
Edgewood, Tx

Haven't added themes yet and you can set wallpapers through gallery...there's a lot getting added in first update

jmahaffey

Jun 9, 2009
New Castle
I had issues downloading as well. It would get to 95% and freeze up. I had to import the file into my mega account and then download it from there. I have the rom up and running with zero issues so far. Thank you jtrain88 loving the rom so far.

jreed3786

Sep 28, 2008
Rockford, IL
NOTHING ruins the experience here, more than self-entitled people thinking that XDA and its developers are here to serve us round the clock, no exceptions! I've seen MANY a good developer leave completely, due to demands and unsatisfied members that don't even donate! Be patient, enjoy TESTING these roms out, and if you don't like one rom just yet, move on to another! Simple as that!

Keep this place a HAPPY place to test roms and development out, before you run all the good ones away!

#justmytwocents
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9gerk1.png

Finally introducing "The Galaxy S5 Experience by Jtrain88". So far this is a mostly stock build with a few tweaks for performance and alot of Samsung Galaxy S5 apps built in. This is an initial release with big updates coming soon.

Features:
    Code:
    [COLOR="black"]Based off of leaked AT&T 4.4.2 build (Thanks Carl1961 for UrDroid Base)
    [COLOR="Black"]Rooted, Busybox, etc 
    [B][COLOR="red"]Tethering enabled[/COLOR][/B]
    Galaxy S5 UI
    Galaxy S5 Apps
    Galaxy S6 Bootanimation
    Galaxy S5 Sounds
    AT&T Debloated
    [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][B]More To Come![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Galaxy S5 Apps:
    Code:
    [COLOR="Black"]Accuweather
    Touchwiz Home
    Calculator
    Gear Fit Manager
    Gear Manager
    Pullup
    S Baro
    S Note
    S Health
    S Planner
    S Translator
    S Voice
    Samsung Apps
    Scrapbook
    Settings
    Story Album
    Videos
    WatchON[/COLOR]

Instructions:
    Code:
    Must be on rooted 4.4.2 with Safestrap Installed(There are plenty of threads on how to do so)
    Download Zip
    Place on root of sdcard
    Boot Into Safestrap, wipe, install
    Let it chill for a bit.
    Enjoy.

Super Awesome People who made a donation:
    Code:
    [CENTER]chrispyutec
    Anaarkey
    Jmahaffey
    Wuilly[/CENTER]

Changelog:
    Code:
    [COLOR="red"]v1.5:[/COLOR]
    [CENTER]-Added S-Health
    -Fixed "Set Wallpaper" from launcher
    -Fixed "Set Theme" from launcher
    -Fixed  app name cutoff on launcher
    -Fixed "Hide Apps"
    -Fixed App drawer folder issue
    -Fixed Wifi Tethering(Still gives network issue popup but click Ok and enjoy!)
    -Added S5 Concept Theme by Jayxiao71735[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    The S5 Experience, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    Jtrain88
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be rooted on 4.4.2 with SS

Version Information

Created 2014-04-12
    Last Updated 2014-08-20
    Well guy I have an almost full working port of the S5 Firmware. Its coming along amazingly! I would love to screens hot ultra power saving for you..but it doesn't let you to save power!!!???

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Who's excited about this pic

Hey you guys know that not all devs sit on the computer constantly all day long you know somebody may be at work he did mention he can't get any screen shots until tonight so maybe he's at work man give the guy a break if it doesn't work just wait until it does work

NOTHING ruins the experience here, more than self-entitled people thinking that XDA and its developers are here to serve us round the clock, no exceptions! I've seen MANY a good developer leave completely, due to demands and unsatisfied members that don't even donate! Be patient, enjoy TESTING these roms out, and if you don't like one rom just yet, move on to another! Simple as that!

Keep this place a HAPPY place to test roms and development out, before you run all the good ones away!

#justmytwocents
    :good: