Multi Boot Menu for Xperia Z1 Compact

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Multiboot for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

How its look -> http://i58.tinypic.com/35346bt.png

• How to install boot menu
    • download bootmenu_amami.rar, extract folder "bootmenu" to the your internal storage
    • put boot.img or kernel.elf to the mainrom folder, make sure thats the same kernel like your primary rom (aka main rom)
    • download bootmenu.img from attachment, flash bootmenu.img using fastboot commnd: fastboot flash boot bootmenu.img

• Since your bootmenu folder no contain settings.ini (you runing bootmenu at a first time), settings.ini will be created easily. You need to complete main step aka main rom creation:
    • (mainrom creation)
      • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", navigate to the bootmenu folder on your internal storage, navigate to the mainrom folder, select mainrom.zip package (make sure boot.img or kernel.elf is the same like your current main rom kernel, and make sure boot.img is in folder mainrom), select mainrom.zip and click "yes". Main rom will be added into boot menu entry. Now reboot again into boot menu and you will see new menuentry, chose these menu to boot into your primary rom! :)
    • (other roms creation - you can do only if you completed main rom step)
      • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", principe is a bit diferent than main rom step (we have 3 steps):
        • (step 1): make sure seccond rom package is on your external storage ...see this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52830021&postcount=45
        • (step 2): chose rom zip you want to patch, patch them
        • (step 3): reboot again into boot menu (new rom entry will be displayed), select these rom to boot, on led blinking press to boot into cwm, now you are in cwm of these rom, now navigate to the same folder where is your package, you will find zip with appended name "patched.zip", chose these patched zip to install trought these recovery, you are done! :)

• WARNING:
    there is possibility for your partitions of the main rom to get overwriten if multiboot.sh fail to patch these rom you going to patch, just to let you know! Two click solution is in testing stage so there is probably a lot of bugs! I am not responsible if you lost your private data! So guys if you willing to help, I am waiting. Things need to be improved in multiboot.sh !

• Public License for BOOTMENU and for my Auxiliary Work
    You can Distribute my source without my Permissions. Distribution should include my XDA name 'munjeni' and Link to this 'BOOTMENU' thread in your Credits sections/About sections and Properly Visible to Human Eyes. If you use our source and have them modified, you need to make them public to everyone!!! If you not propertly use my source and you not give proper credit, and you not share your modified source code which is based on my source code, I will find you and I will report your post! ;)

Attachments

• bootmenu.img
    10.1 MB · Views: 619
  • bootmenu_amami.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Hallo, just to reserve our thread for something that you will like for sure! I have plan to port my old project to our device, more info you can see here -> http://www.xda-developers.com/android/xperia-boot-menu-ported-to-the-xperia-p-in-preview-form/

First thing - I will port them, thats for sure! Next thing - will try to integrate all things into boot menu (look into tutorial thread to see how it working) to make all things easy to all as possible, first of all I need to get more free time! Soon when I get one free day I will give you beta version! By now whant to see your opinions! Do you have interest in multiboot??? Let me know first! ;)
I'm flashoholic,like to test everything, multiboot sounds nice :)

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thesofty

Aug 10, 2010
Would this for example allow to have stock and cm11 both installed and easily switch between those 2? If yes then im totally up for it :D

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Progress... Boot menu beta done, having problem with kexec, seems kexec not working. Will try with stock kernel since cm kernel probably have no working kexec.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I have trying to boot cm11 from sdcard whole day and have no idea why fail to boot! Anyone tried to boot cm11 from sdcard? What might be a problem?

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Done and CM11 is booted sucesfully from sdcard :) By now have only one problem which I have experienced last year on my multiboot for Xperia Go, I have solved them on Xperia Go but unable to find a thread how I got fixed them solved, problem now on Z1C is these seccondary rom runing from sdcard is very slow like was a year ago on Xperia Go, if some one found my post where I have fixed that please give me a link. I don't know if there is something related to the tune2fs parameters since I forgot how I got them fixed. Every idea is welcome!

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Yes seems 3.th post related to tune2fs and journal_data_writeback to cache and data giving better performance. Stil noticed some lags, probably because my 8gb old sdcard is so slow :( Will try to boot from internal storage, maybe it will give better performance :) or at least maybe an 64gb class 10 sdcard can solve lag problems? What you think guys?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Multiboot for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

How its look -> http://i58.tinypic.com/35346bt.png

• How to install boot menu
      • download bootmenu_amami.rar, extract folder "bootmenu" to the your internal storage
      • put boot.img or kernel.elf to the mainrom folder, make sure thats the same kernel like your primary rom (aka main rom)
      • download bootmenu.img from attachment, flash bootmenu.img using fastboot commnd: fastboot flash boot bootmenu.img

• Since your bootmenu folder no contain settings.ini (you runing bootmenu at a first time), settings.ini will be created easily. You need to complete main step aka main rom creation:
      • (mainrom creation)
        • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", navigate to the bootmenu folder on your internal storage, navigate to the mainrom folder, select mainrom.zip package (make sure boot.img or kernel.elf is the same like your current main rom kernel, and make sure boot.img is in folder mainrom), select mainrom.zip and click "yes". Main rom will be added into boot menu entry. Now reboot again into boot menu and you will see new menuentry, chose these menu to boot into your primary rom! :)
      • (other roms creation - you can do only if you completed main rom step)
        • reboot into bootmenu, chose "patch rom package", principe is a bit diferent than main rom step (we have 3 steps):
          • (step 1): make sure seccond rom package is on your external storage ...see this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52830021&postcount=45
          • (step 2): chose rom zip you want to patch, patch them
          • (step 3): reboot again into boot menu (new rom entry will be displayed), select these rom to boot, on led blinking press to boot into cwm, now you are in cwm of these rom, now navigate to the same folder where is your package, you will find zip with appended name "patched.zip", chose these patched zip to install trought these recovery, you are done! :)

• WARNING:
      there is possibility for your partitions of the main rom to get overwriten if multiboot.sh fail to patch these rom you going to patch, just to let you know! Two click solution is in testing stage so there is probably a lot of bugs! I am not responsible if you lost your private data! So guys if you willing to help, I am waiting. Things need to be improved in multiboot.sh !

• Public License for BOOTMENU and for my Auxiliary Work
      You can Distribute my source without my Permissions. Distribution should include my XDA name 'munjeni' and Link to this 'BOOTMENU' thread in your Credits sections/About sections and Properly Visible to Human Eyes. If you use our source and have them modified, you need to make them public to everyone!!! If you not propertly use my source and you not give proper credit, and you not share your modified source code which is based on my source code, I will find you and I will report your post! ;)
    Hi,
    for clarity, to install stock ROMs, should the FTF file be used?
    I'd like to be able to keep current 4.3 .114 (working perfect!) as "mainrom" and just test newer stock 4.4 versions using this method, to decide if/when to upgrade :)

thanks in advance for clarification,

You can not use ftf but you can dump your current rom and make flashable zip by this tool -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2533585 than you can patch these zip trought bootmenu. :)
    Yes! Tried and results is very good! Runing from internal storage have the same speed like runing regulary from phone memory! I have created new bootmenu version 1.1 (some bugfixes with auto reboot) with support for runing from booth internal or external srorage, going to upload now new version, some ramdisk and kernels so you can run stock JB, stock KitKat old, stock KitKat new, CWM and CM11 with included needed p[artitions and with installed CM11 . You will enjoy for sure new version!
    Solved! Will give you soon cm11 in multiboot!
    New version is out!

Changelog:
    - all isues with kexeced kernel solved (missed modile data, wifi, bluetooth...etc)
    - black theme

Enjoy!