Thanks Meter: 144

By sguerrini97, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2014, 06:35 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!!

Quote:

6. the left column, click on "Device manager".
7. You will see a device that appear and disappear under "Other/Unknown Devices".
8. You must right click on the unknown device before it disappear, once clicked select "Driver Update".
9. Click on the second button (manually install driver) and insert the "usb_drv_windows" path (C:\omap4boot\usb_drv_windows) and install the driver

in Windows 8.1, when I want to install drivers for TI Boards - OMAP4430 USB device. I have
Quote:

"Windows has determined that your driver software is up to date MTP USB DEVICE"

and I can not install the drivers from omap4boot, and the program does not detect my phone. Help, please..

9th March 2014, 09:29 AM |#142  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesterr

Hi!!

in Windows 8.1, when I want to install drivers for TI Boards - OMAP4430 USB device. I have and I can not install the drivers from omap4boot, and the program does not detect my phone. Help, please..

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately, no one seems to care anymore I've found a few other simmilar topics and everywhere was somebody with Windows 8.1, who couldn't get OMAP4430 working. It's always the same. When the device connect's it is not listed in Device manager as unknown omap4430 device, but as a Unrecognized USB.

Then you just can't install the driver, because Windows thinks, that USB drivers are up-to-date. I really wish, there was a solution for this...
10th March 2014, 06:41 AM |#143  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Use windows 7 or a virtual machine..

Inviato dal mio LG-P760 con Tapatalk 4
12th March 2014, 07:14 AM |#144  
Looking for GPS location
Thanks Meter: 167

More
@sguerrini97

please include this trick in your guide in the first post.. It would help lot of noobs like me in installing driver's easily . thank you.

Quote:

To view devices that were once installed but are no longer attached to the computer,

• Open a Command Prompt window using the Run As Administrator option
  • Enter the command: " SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 "
  • Then, from the same command prompt, type: " devmgmt.msc " to open Device Manager.
  • Choose View, Show Hidden Devices.
The new instance of Device Manager will show “ghosted” entries for devices that were once present.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to er.davinder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift er.davinder Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 10:09 AM |#145  
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 26

More
select prada 3.0 or option 3
guys I am confused the tutorial says select 3 (prada 3.0) but in fastboot option 3 is optimus 3d cube ... what to install?
13th March 2014, 02:56 PM |#146  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
You should select the Prada 3.0, maybe you have a newer version of omap4boot so the numbers are in a different order.

14th March 2014, 03:56 AM |#147  

More
helpppppp pleazeeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sguerrini97

First of all, the thread about omap4boot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1971014
I didn't create this tool, I just found out a way to make it works with our phone, and maybe I'm not the first (tested under Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit).

What do you need:

• omap4boot, get it from original thread.
  1. Extract omap4boot archive somewhere like C:\omap4boot (I will use this path in the tutorial).
  2. Power off your phone and remove the battery.
  3. Connect your phone (still without the battery) to the PC.
  4. You will hear the sound of a new driver, then the sound of a driver when it disconnects continiusly.
  5. Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> "Manage".
  6. On the left column, click on "Device manager".
  7. You will see a device that appear and disappear under "Other/Unknown Devices".
  8. You must right click on the unknown device before it disappear, once clicked select "Driver Update". (You can use this tip to make the process easier http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51019004).
  9. Click on the second button (manually install driver) and insert the "usb_drv_windows" path (C:\omap4boot\usb_drv_windows) and install the driver.
  10. Disconnect the phone from the PC and power it off.
  11. Open a command prompt (Win+R, type cmd and press Enter).
  12. Type the following command in the command prompt:
    Code:
    cd C:\omap4boot
    start-fastboot.bat
  13. Now input 3 (Prada 3.0 P940) and press enter.
  14. Plug the phone without battery to the PC, when the tool says "Wait 5 seconds" put the battery in your phone.
    (The first time that you do this, you have to install the drivers again. Repeat step 9)
  15. At the other prompts answer always "N", this could be important.

Now you can use fastboot on L9 Next times you can start from step 12.

(the red rettangle isn't important here )

Sorry for my english, if someone wants to review the tutorial just send me a PM.

hy guys if anybody could help me i"m pretty much sure it is here on xda

ok i have this lg l9 p768g telcel Mexico and the worst part its bricked i tried everithing man everithing and it does nottt turn on or at least in S/W MODE NOTHINGGGG. PLEAZZZE MY FRIENDS HELP ME, I REALLY DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. i tried fastboot and nothing....
here a text of fastboot:
.................................................. .....................................:cryi ng::

Plug USB cable
wait 4 seconds and put battery back in.
waiting for OMAP44xx device...

Device descriptor:
bLength = 18
bDescriptorType = 1
bcdUSB = 528
bDeviceClass = 255
bDeviceSubClass = 255
bDeviceProtocol = 255
bMaxPacketSize0 = 64
idVendor = 451
idProduct = D00F
bcdDevice = 0
iManufacturer = 33
iProduct = 37
iSerialNumber = 0
bNumConfigurations = 1
reading ASIC ID
usb_write 4
usb_read 81[*] read 0 bytes
NumOfSubblocks: 0x5
Subblock ID: 0x1
Subblock Size: 0x5
CH enabled: 0x7
ROM revision: 0x4
Checksum Subblock: 0x15
CHIP: 4430
IDEN: 0fb441479a7bd8b04465289a2f4cb8f6a380c7ca
MPKH: 5f4092eccddf90fa43f546adf89508b31b9c74795e9516194c 0ea6412fdcb7f6
CRC0: 9c669ad9
CRC1: 682adccf
sending 2ndstage to target... f0030002
usb_write 4
usb_write 4

wait 5-lelelel...
[*] msg size = 4
usb_write 21552[*] data size = 21552
usb_close

Reopen usb...

Device descriptor:
bLength = 18
bDescriptorType = 1
bcdUSB = 528
bDeviceClass = 255
bDeviceSubClass = 255
bDeviceProtocol = 255
bMaxPacketSize0 = 64
idVendor = 451
idProduct = D00F
bcdDevice = 0
iManufacturer = 33
iProduct = 37
iSerialNumber = 0
bNumConfigurations = 1
waiting for 2ndstage response...
usb_read 4
usb read = aabbccdd
accepted 2ndstage response
sending image to target...
size = 246272
usb_write 4
usb_write 246272
** Done **
< waiting for device >
sending 'x-loader' (384 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.203s]
writing 'x-loader'...
FAILED (remote: image too large for partition)
finished. total time: 0.203s
sending 'u-boot' (1024 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.531s]
writing 'u-boot'...
FAILED (remote: image too large for partition)
finished. total time: 0.547s
Done
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

.................................................. ....................
thank you all and hope u give a hand here pleazeee
14th March 2014, 02:14 PM |#148  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Are you using images from the same phone mobel ad your?

13th April 2014, 01:58 AM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just have to say that this is a wonderful and terrible tutorial.

I spent at least 10 hours reading hundred of post, and researching how to fix my bricked P796 Optimus L9. The part that would have saved me hours, would be if in the first post of the tutorial, if someone had said.

"Hey Listen, your phone is probably messed up because of these things called X-Loaders, and U-Loaders. They are what your phone uses to start up. The Fastboot we have included does not include the correct X and U loaders, so make sure you, AT NO POINT, tell the fastboot to write these to your phone, it will make things worse! What you have to do is find the correct X and U loaders for your phone. Do a google search or look around in these forums, they are out there. They are .bin files, and people usually label them p1.bin and p2.bin. p1 references the x loader, and p2 references the u loader.

So, how do you get the correct loaders onto your phone? Well follow the tutorial for the most part, and then what I did was opened a separate CMD, or Command Prompt window. In that command prompt window go to the folder your x and u loader files are in. In my case they were in the C:/fastboot folder. So to get there type cd.. and hit enter, until you get to just C:/ . then type " cd fastboot " you shouuld see it change directory and show C:/fastboot

This fastboot folder was the same folder that my fastboot.exe was located in. It's probably the bin folder if you downloaded the zip filed here with the fastboot files. Notice I said the same folder that my fastboot.exe was located in, not the start.bat file that you want to click on later.

Then type " fastboot flash x-loader p1.bin "

It should say < waiting for device >

This is when I opened up the start.bat, in windows 7 I could just click on it, and it opened. At this point, you are running this separate program really just to get your phone to connect to the computer, so hit whatever number you want. It will wait for you to plug your phone in with the battery NOT in it. After you plug the usb in, you will have a few seconds to put the battery in. I usually did it instantly. You may hear the device manager click on and off a couple times, but don't worry about it. If you installed the driver for your omap device as described earlier, just hang on a second, and in THE OTHER command prompt window open, you should see it start doing something. It's sending the correct x-loader to your phone. After that command prompt window says finished, close the SECOND command prompt window. The one you started with start.bat. At this point in the command prompt window that is still opened type:

fastboot flash u-boot p2.bin

It should say <waiting for device>

Then just follow the directions above again (under the first time I wrote waiting for device).

If all is successful you should be able to get into S/W Mode, and if you can follow the tutorial, use the LG Mobile Support Tool. Don't forget that the lg tool is terrible at staying connected, and you may need to research alternative ways of utilizing the LG Tool. I'm talking about creating your own server to download the files from, but theres more on that if you search these forums.

Now, I didn't even use the LG Mobile Support Tool - what I did was I found an .img file, that was the original recovery image for my phone. If you can find that. You can utilize Fastboot again.

To utilize fastboot and skip the LG Mobile Support Tool:

First find your original recovery image for your phone. For example here is the one for mine the P769 Optimus L9 is called p4_769.img

After you have your image file, you want to copy it into the same folder that your FASTBOOT.EXE is located. Just like we did before, open up CMD, or command prompt. Change directory to where your fastboot.exe file is and type:

fastboot flash recovery p4_769.img

now I'm typing p4_769.img there because that's the name of my recovery file. You would type the name of your img file.

After you type that and hit enter, you should get that <waiting for device> like we saw earlier.
This is when you can run the start.bat (and open a separate command prompt window) in you fastboot folder. After the command prompt window loads hit whatever number you want, it doesn't matter, then it will wait for you to connect your phone to the usb without the battery. As soon as you connect the usb, youre going to want to quickly put the battery in. After you do this, just wait a couple seconds, and in the other command prompt window, you should see that its writing your recovery img file to your phone.

Ok, so now go ahead and unplug your phone, when you power it on, you will likely see a little dead android guy. This is when we can hard reset it, by pressing and holding volume down, home, and then power. Hold those buttons until you see your phone is starting to come up. It should then install everything, just like a brand new phone again.

I hope this was helpful, it would have helped me a lot, and saved me a lot of time. Now, I'm sure that A LOT of people don't need descriptions like this, but I honestly feel like I am very computer savvy, and these tutorials were just complete gibberish to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlipford370 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dlipford370 Ad-Free
14th April 2014, 07:12 PM |#150  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@dlipford370 You are right, my english is not so good, that's why the tutorial is not very clear.
Anyway the goal was to get fastboot access (when I wrote this, we weren't able to unlock bootloader), not to unbrick or whatever. If you want fastboot access you should know what you are doing and what you can do. Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sguerrini97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sguerrini97 Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 06:01 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm crossposting from cmahendra's post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2085344 on how to unbrick LG phones.

My problem:
P760 European version, deeply bricked. By deeply I mean no screen at all, no reaction from any keypress or usual combination for SW mode.
Happened in CM 10.1.3, suddenly CM rotating logo, not possible to poweroff. After waiting for 2 hours, I took the battery off and I never got the phone back or even the screen or led keys.
The only thing still working in the phone is the omap interface and some fastboot commands after some bin files are injected with a usbboot command.

Hence my message here:
The bin and 2nd files sent with the usbboot.exe commands are for other phones such as P940, su760 or others... but never the P760.
I was wondering if that would change anything, apart from the model name when sending a "fastboot getvar product"

I ask because fastboot oem format returns FAILED
Also, impossible to send images/bins, no remote partition.
The "fastboot boot recovery.img" or the same with boot.img (with respectively the right boot or recovery for the P760) tells me all goes well for the transfer and reboot command... but the phone does not come back to life.

If you have any input or any way to tell for sure the phone is dead... thanks for helping!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)