More
Beanstalk looks promising.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using xda app-developers app
11th April 2014, 08:28 PM |#5283  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoodra

How often you gets reboots? My Trend with CM10.2 reboots once a week and i think its "normal"

it reboots many times a day. even if i'm not using it, it will randomly reboot. if i am using it, it will reboot after a few minutes, if i'm not it will be about every hour or two.
12th April 2014, 05:36 AM |#5284  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan3

it reboots many times a day. even if i'm not using it, it will randomly reboot. if i am using it, it will reboot after a few minutes, if i'm not it will be about every hour or two.

If your device reboots that often, then you must be stressing your device too much. Try keeping the device on a lower max CPU frequency. TUrn down brightness. Turn off sync, GPS, mobile data when you are not actively using them. Those are just some of the many suggestions that I have for better battery life. You might want to also use the built-in Privacy Guard on CM10.2, especially for wakelocks and Google Apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 09:42 AM |#5285  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Wi-Fi is my main problem with Beanstalk everything was good except for Wi-Fi. It's less stable than CM11 when we talk about Wi-Fi.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 12:18 PM |#5286  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Miui 4.0.4 rom
Hey guys...I'm a Galaxy Ace IIx / Trend user for a while now and I've been watching this thread for months now.
I don't mean to be rude to jonypx09, codename13 or any hardworking developer but for now we DON'T have a 100% working custom ROM.

Let me get to the point...
A guy recently posted on this thread that his S Duos work perfectly on our custom ROM except the SIM problem so I figured why not try?
I searched XDA for some S Duos ROMs and there is no JB/KK rom at the moment but there are 2-3 custom ICS ROMs that are deodexed and debloated and I installed a MIUI themed ICS ROM and its PERFECT!

Anyways to anyone who wants to give it a shot here's the link for the rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335532

If this sounds stupid for u pls dont hate, i think its a good idea for someone who needs a fully working ROM that isnt slow as hell like the stock ICS.

P.S. the reason this will work is that the S Duos and the Ace II x / Trend are the same thing, but S Duos has a dual-SIM option.

Leave a thanks if I was for once useful

Looking forward to a working KK/JB ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to fbtechinfo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbtechinfo Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 04:20 PM |#5287  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbtechinfo

Hey guys...I'm a Galaxy Ace IIx / Trend user for a while now and I've been watching this thread for months now.
I don't mean to be rude to jonypx09, codename13 or any hardworking developer but for now we DON'T have a 100% working custom ROM.

Let me get to the point...
A guy recently posted on this thread that his S Duos work perfectly on our custom ROM except the SIM problem so I figured why not try?
I searched XDA for some S Duos ROMs and there is no JB/KK rom at the moment but there are 2-3 custom ICS ROMs that are deodexed and debloated and I installed a MIUI themed ICS ROM and its PERFECT!

Anyways to anyone who wants to give it a shot here's the link for the rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335532

If this sounds stupid for u pls dont hate, i think its a good idea for someone who needs a fully working ROM that isnt slow as hell like the stock ICS.

P.S. the reason this will work is that the S Duos and the Ace II x / Trend are the same thing, but S Duos has a dual-SIM option.

Leave a thanks if I was for once useful

Looking forward to a working KK/JB ROM

And the telephony is working fine?

12th April 2014, 05:50 PM |#5288  
Flag kingston
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey2gato

And the telephony is working fine?

Good question you haven't mentioned if you're able to make and recurve calls.

Sent from my GT-S7560 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrycell6

Good question you haven't mentioned if you're able to make and receive calls.

12th April 2014, 11:48 PM |#5289  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Plug wifi
I have some concerns about the wifi.
If all users of these phones can install the same firmware and have the perfect wifi, because with the other kernels / roms can not? There seems to be a failure of compiling the kernel BA2X because it is based on stock, which works with all devices.
13th April 2014, 03:42 AM |#5290  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Thumbs up BA2X 2.0 release 2!
There comes a time, when people still on stock, are left out on the awesomeness of a slightly newer kernel version. Luckily, BA2X 2.0 has come to the rescue - it's been patched up to Linux kernel version 3.0.31, so it's consistent with CM. I've decided to make the default max frequency set as 1152 MHz, just because I don't feel like making custom frequencies for many different people. I think the most common wall that people hit with CPU frequencies is 1200 MHz, so I've lowered it just a smidge before that. If anyone faces any problems, let me know. I'll be uploading the updated sources to Github shortly, so you can indulge in them if you're that type of person. Besides a newer kernel version, there are a few other little changes to bring it more in line with the CM10.2 version of BA2X 2.0. Most notably, the GPU has been given the overclock treatment - there are 3 GPU frequencies for the system to throttle through - 100 MHz, 200 MHz, and 300 MHz. Battery life shouldn't be too bad, in fact it should/might be a bit better. You can download BA2X 2.0_r2 here. And if you don't like it, you can uninstall it using this flashable zip. The uninstall package installs the stock kernel and modules from the latest Canadian 'NA5 firmware so if you are having any issues even after installing the uninstall package, take the appropriate boot.img and /system/lib/modules folder from a ROM that works fine for you.

I don't know why, but I seem to only get AnTuTu benchmark scores of around 4700. It might be because I lowered the minimum GPU clock speed to 100 MHz. Or it might just be that I have too many resource-hogging apps installed :P Just for safe-keeping, you can download the previous release of BA2X 2.0 here. Can someone post their AnTuTu scores on BA2X 2.0_r2?

The next release of BA2X 2.0 will probably include something drastic new change, in a good way, because I cannot think of any other little modifications to do to the kernel source, so I'll have to try some bigger things. I don't want to be a downer if I can't deliver but personally, I wouldn't mind BLN, user-definable GPU clocking, f2fs support, and another kernel version upgrade would be nice too. I'll try my best when the time comes, and I'll see what I can whip up to make an Even Better Ace 2 X kernel...

EDIT - The above download link is for BA2X 2.0_r2 with a maximum clock of 1152 MHz. Other frequencies can be downloaded below:
1114 MHz
1209 MHz
1267 MHz
1305 MHz
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
13th April 2014, 06:19 AM |#5291  
Flag kingston
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Wouldn't it be great if our Devs implemented active display in the cm builds? IMO that would be awesome since we don't have BLN support...

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

There comes a time, when people still on stock, are left out on the awesomeness of a slightly newer kernel version. Luckily, BA2X 2.0 has come to the rescue - it's been patched up to Linux kernel version 3.0.31, so it's consistent with CM. I've decided to make the default max frequency set as 1152 MHz, just because I don't feel like making custom frequencies for many different people. I think the most common wall that people hit with CPU frequencies is 1200 MHz, so I've lowered it just a smidge before that. If anyone faces any problems, let me know. I'll be uploading the updated sources to Github shortly, so you can indulge in them if you're that type of person. Besides a newer kernel version, there are a few other little changes to bring it more in line with the CM10.2 version of BA2X 2.0. Most notably, the GPU has been given the overclock treatment - there are 3 GPU frequencies for the system to throttle through - 100 MHz, 200 MHz, and 300 MHz. Battery life shouldn't be too bad, in fact it should/might be a bit better. You can download BA2X 2.0_r2 here. And if you don't like it, you can uninstall it using this flashable zip. The uninstall package installs the stock kernel and modules from the latest Canadian 'NA5 firmware so if you are having any issues even after installing the uninstall package, take the appropriate boot.img and /system/lib/modules folder from a ROM that works fine for you.

I don't know why, but I seem to only get AnTuTu benchmark scores of around 4700. It might be because I lowered the minimum GPU clock speed to 100 MHz. Or it might just be that I have too many resource-hogging apps installed :P Just for safe-keeping, you can download the previous release of BA2X 2.0 here. Can someone post their AnTuTu scores on BA2X 2.0_r2?

The next release of BA2X 2.0 will probably include something drastic new change, in a good way, because I cannot think of any other little modifications to do to the kernel source, so I'll have to try some bigger things. I don't want to be a downer if I can't deliver but personally, I wouldn't mind BLN, user-definable GPU clocking, f2fs support, and another kernel version upgrade would be nice too. I'll try my best when the time comes, and I'll see what I can whip up to make an Even Better Ace 2 X kernel...

Really liking this new kernel and init.d support is a plus gonna use this for a week of testing. Great job @Codename13

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)