425 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By mejdam, Senior Member on 2nd April 2014, 05:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2014, 11:36 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Working Hardware:
IOGear GKM561R (2.4GHz multimedia keyboard)

Shift key as others have reported does not seem to work. The embedded mouse does work fine. Including right click.

13th April 2014, 08:37 AM |#222  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@OP

Please use SPMC 12.4.2 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/5r4ln85l ) instead of 12.3.3 if a Frodo build is preferred for XBMC.
12.4.x is based on Frodo 12.3 and fixes a nasty video decoding bug.

[EDIT]
Also, to avoid confusion, it's probably best to remove the reference to "XBMC on Ouya". It's basically the same as SPMC 12.3.3 (which was created because Ouya had to remove DTS/AC3 decoding due to licensing), so superseded by SPMC 12.4.2, too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koying For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koying Ad-Free
13th April 2014, 07:22 PM |#223  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koying

@OP

Please use SPMC 12.4.2 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/5r4ln85l ) instead of 12.3.3 if a Frodo build is preferred for XBMC.
12.4.x is based on Frodo 12.3 and fixes a nasty video decoding bug.

[EDIT]
Also, to avoid confusion, it's probably best to remove the reference to "XBMC on Ouya". It's basically the same as SPMC 12.3.3 (which was created because Ouya had to remove DTS/AC3 decoding due to licensing), so superseded by SPMC 12.4.2, too.

made those changes, thanks again for all the work you've done for us with the XBMC version of FireTV. adding DTS/Ac3 passthrough was all i needed left to change from the ouya version to the gotham version you released.
13th April 2014, 07:46 PM |#224  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

made those changes, thanks again for all the work you've done for us with the XBMC version of FireTV. adding DTS/Ac3 passthrough was all i needed left to change from the ouya version to the gotham version you released.

+1 DTS passthrough on Gotham. Many thanks.
14th April 2014, 12:13 AM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
is there a particular advantage/disadvantage of SPMC 12.4.2 vs. xbmc-20140412-1d32fd0-AmazonFire-armeabi-v7a
14th April 2014, 01:01 AM |#226  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

I also switched to Gotham version. So far its been the best one at playing my movies. Even though I still get very minor slightly jerky/studder occasionally on 1080p high bitrate files with DTS passthrough. They are very random but definite much better than previous versions of xbmc. On wired connection. Hopefully in time the hardware decoding will be better optimized.
14th April 2014, 05:19 AM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
The xbmc for fireTV version runs so much worse than the frodo variant for the ouya. Video is choppy and jittery vs perfectly smooth. Why even bother with the Gotham builds if they don't run well?
14th April 2014, 02:05 PM |#228  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3p

is there a particular advantage/disadvantage of SPMC 12.4.2 vs. xbmc-20140412-1d32fd0-AmazonFire-armeabi-v7a

Spmc is frodo and the amazon build is Gotham. Frodo has been shown more stable for some plus have a ton more plugin support and skins to choose from.
14th April 2014, 02:07 PM |#229  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebuspwnz

The xbmc for fireTV version runs so much worse than the frodo variant for the ouya. Video is choppy and jittery vs perfectly smooth. Why even bother with the Gotham builds if they don't run well?

Gotham isn't a finish product yet, if you prefer frodo that's valid but let's not say insulting things like why are they wasting time.

Question. Did you disable mediacodec from video acceleration? If not please do so and report again.
16th April 2014, 11:48 AM |#230  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Anybody tried PPSSPP the PSP emulator? SToid or UAE4droid? Retroarch? Would be nice to be able to use that extra processor power!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 09:35 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up SuperN64
SuperN64 works great, loads Super Mario 64 at full speed to the first screen.(I don't have a controller at my disposal to test further)
The Following User Says Thank You to carbanm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carbanm Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)