how to turn off ciq?

Search This thread

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
settings > about device > its at the bottom it says collect information you can uncheck.

Then a toast message pops up and says it may take up to 24 hours to apply or something similar.

lilsaiful

Nov 17, 2011
I have that unchecked but CiQ is still on. I use the Carrier IQ Detector by Lookout Security and it says that CIQ is detected.

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
If you're rooted, you can use a file browser to remove ciq. Go to System/app, rename all ciq related apps by adding .bak to the end. Then go into system/lib and do the same to the file that starts with libiq

Last edited:
Reactions: tenxo and asimons81

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
If you're rooted, you can use a file browser to remove ciq. Go to System/app, rename all ciq related apps by adding .bak to the end. Then go into system/lib and do the same to the file that starts with libiq

There's also a file in system/priv-app called: IQ-tmobile-release-unsigned.signed_TMO.apk.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.