[SOLVED] Problems with rooting my Galaxy Note II (model N7100)

Search This thread

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
if you take mk9 you have to decompress it to have 4 files after:

I understand that mk9 but has only 2 files in it. One is that .tar.md5 and second SS_DL.dll file. You gave me second .zip too and it have 2 files too (.tar.md5 and .dll). How do I decompress that mk9?

bootloader in the 1st case,2sd ap,3t phone,4th csc

Is decompress make those files?

4- Download your devices stock firmware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ ..select your device model & country & download the file...latest firmwares are on top.

Im from Finland. Is nordic lands for me? Is only way to get those files to register in sammobiles?

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
HI,
take only tard.md5 and putit on PDA or AP
Yes Finland is a nordic country
Yes for the last question
use the rom a gave you :)

It's alive!! Dabenaute, you are so awesome!! Thanks!

Now I need to try root my phone again because I need to screenrecord stuff and only way to do it is rooting.

Before I do that, is there something I should do or know?

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
for root use the "cf autoroot" i gave you yesterday flash it into PDA or AP

Now rooting fails.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What can I do about that serial port?

dabenaute

Dec 31, 2011
Quelque part par là
Connect your phone only after this uploadfromtaptalk1397393828394.jpg

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: JukkaP

gkjha123

Feb 21, 2012
Bootloop with GT-N7100 after attempting to root with Dr Ketan method

I am from India. Similar problem of boot loop after my maiden attempt to root with Dr Ketan's Multitool method for Newbies. Didn't now whether it was rooted so factory reseted the phone to get in the bootloop. No files were seen on int SD. Ext SD seems intact. Had taken an EFS backup from the Ketan's Multitool.
Now,
Which firmware should i download?
The Philz screen comes up when I keep Vol Up Home and Power buttons pressed for about 10 secs.
Should i follow Rohit or debenaute?

dabenaute

Dec 31, 2011
Quelque part par là
I am from India. Similar problem of boot loop after my maiden attempt to root with Dr Ketan's Multitool method for Newbies. Didn't now whether it was rooted so factory reseted the phone to get in the bootloop. No files were seen on int SD. Ext SD seems intact. Had taken an EFS backup from the Ketan's Multitool.
Now,
Which firmware should i download?
The Philz screen comes up when I keep Vol Up Home and Power buttons pressed for about 10 secs.
Should i follow Rohit or debenaute?
HI,follow my procedure of course :)

Reactions: gkjha123

gkjha123

Feb 21, 2012
HI,follow my procedure of course :)

Thanks. I am hoping to unbrick my phone.
Some clarifications on the steps enunciated by Rohit:- before I follow them. Are they any different than debenaute's?
1 to 3. I have philz v5
4. Can't seem to download the Stock ROM from sammobile. even after registration. there is one from terrafile. Will that do?
7. When is the phone to be connected to the PC?
What is the recovery image for, that rohit att?

dabenaute

Dec 31, 2011
Quelque part par là
Hi mate im dabenaute you have all instructions you need in this thread.The only thing you have to do is read before try to do anything ;)

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

gkjha123

Feb 21, 2012
Hurrah! Recovered my Phone. Gathering courage to root it properly this time. Should I do a factory reset?
I wish to install the DN3. What's the best way?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    to root your phone,download "CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip" here: http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip
    reboot your phone in download mode
    open odin and check "AutoReboot"&"F.Reset Time"
    connect your phone(you will see"added")
    click on AP or PDA find cf autoroot
    click on START and wait
    after flash the phone will reboot
    that's all,enjoy
    Done this again and this what happens:

And after that, my phone screen is only black. When I try to open it, it has that "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100" text awhile and then screens goes black again.

Is my phone now brick?
    please retry and uncheck"Re partition" : Bien:
    It was already uncheck.
    sorry i have no other idea its the only way i know and use and it always works for me: (
    Reinstall Complete Stock firmware using Odin & then root

Hi..

Looks like you have got boot loop for while trying to root your phone.
    Don't worry.. now you need to reinstall the stock firmware on your device.

just follow the following steps:

1- Boot in recovery by pressing volume up, home button & power button simultaneously

2- go to mounts & storage & then..format system first, then format data & finally format cache

3- Now go back to the main menu of your recovery & do format data/factory reset then format cache & then go to advanced & wipe dalvik cache

4- Download your devices stock firmware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ ..select your device model & country & download the file...latest firmwares are on top.

5- extract the .zip file you just downloaded & you will get a file with extension .tar.md5

6- Now Boot your device into download mode by pressing Volume down button, home button & power button simultaneously.

7- Launch Odin(v 3.07) now..u can download the attached file. (If the device is detected it will show the COM:# in the ID Com field.)

8- Select the PDA tab & browse & select the firmware file you just extracted.

9- Odin will take a while & finally it will display the message something like checking md5 finished successfully

10- click on the start button & sit back & relax...this may take upto 8 minutes..

11- Unplug the phone after flashing is complete & let the phone boot..

12- Now you will have stock recovery, if you want you will need to flash a custom recovery again.

13- Boot in download mode again & select the PDA tab & browse for the chainfire auto root file (download it from here http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip )

14- extract the file & select this file from the PDA tab in ODIN & click the Start button.

15- let the flashing complete & the phone will display the recovery mode screen again & it will root the device.

16- However after booting the device you might not be able to open the superuser app.

17- To fix this go to play store & update your SuperSu app & then launch it & then it will ask you to disable Knox & select Yes.

18- Congratulations...your device is now rooted.

Hit thanks if i helped you..Let me know if you face any issues... :good: :p
    Thanks alot! I am very happy because you try to help me out and dont care my stupid questions :)

I have now downloaded those and now I try to figure out should I use both in flashin? These guides doesn't help me because files are different.

So, where I shoud but those two files in Odin? Is those files enough?

try out the steps i have mentioned above in my post..i have also attached the Odin v3.07 & clockwork recovery ver 6 files..
    for clcockwork recovery you need to extract the .zip file & you will get a .tar file which you can flash using the PDA tab in odin
    this wont take more than 15 minutes & as you will wipe everything you will lose all your apps & contacts..but the data on your internal sd card should remain untouched..