No luck...?

Search This thread

XDAKhan

Apr 24, 2012
www.pbase.com
I can't believe that with so many widgets offers I can't seem to find the one that I really need:

A well laid out, elegant, customizable (i.e. transparency) and fully working Bookmarks Widget for the stock browser, stock ROM that is designed to work with a tab, not a phone.

The only promising solution I found was "Bookmarks in a list" but it failed to work properly on my 8.4 device (didn't retrieve the existing bookmarks)

I can't believe I am stuck with those ugly star-banners individual stock widgets.

...Can you guys help?

XK

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Try dash clock, there are lots of extension's on play store. Might find one to suit plus all can be made fully transparent. Probably won't help but worth a look.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

jimm2

Jul 7, 2008
I can't believe that with so many widgets offers I can't seem to find the one that I really need:

A well laid out, elegant, customizable (i.e. transparency) and fully working Bookmarks Widget for the stock browser, stock ROM that is designed to work with a tab, not a phone.

The only promising solution I found was "Bookmarks in a list" but it failed to work properly on my 8.4 device (didn't retrieve the existing bookmarks)

I can't believe I am stuck with those ugly star-banners individual stock widgets.

...Can you guys help?

XK

Android Pro Widgets. It's a paid app but has free themes and you can set transparency amount. Has widgets for calendar, email and social apps too.

XDAKhan

Apr 24, 2012
www.pbase.com
Android Pro Widgets. It's a paid app but has free themes and you can set transparency amount. Has widgets for calendar, email and social apps too.

This was a good idea. Even more so, since I already paid for it, as I used it some time ago on my previous Galaxy 7.7. I only had to install it.

Unfortunately, it behaves like the "Bookmarks in a list" app: It does not fetch my current bookmarks. Even while making sure that "Stock Browser" is selected in the app configuration page, it fails to correctly do so. It seems to display from a "bookmarks" folder created when I ran "Chrome" for a while.

XK

XDAKhan

Apr 24, 2012
www.pbase.com
Unfortunately, it behaves like the "Bookmarks in a list" app: It does not fetch my current bookmarks. Even while making sure that "Stock Browser" is selected in the app configuration page, it fails to correctly do so. It seems to display from a "bookmarks" folder created when I ran "Chrome" for a while.

XK

Can't seem to work around this...Very frustrating. :(

Dropped a line to the developers about this. Let's see if they come up with a solution.

XK

jimm2

Jul 7, 2008
Can't seem to work around this...Very frustrating. :(

Dropped a line to the developers about this. Let's see if they come up with a solution.

XK

I use it with Chrome so don't see this problem. Chrome may not be the best browser on Android but I keep going back because of the bookmark sync feature for all devices, regardless of OS. For me, this greatly simplifies managing bookmarks.

smalis

Sep 3, 2010

...Can you guys help?

XK

Install Chrome. It comes with a resizable widget of its bookmarks, and the bookmarks will open to your default browser, which does not have to be Chrome.