Set ExSD as main storage.

Search This thread

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Is it possible to make your external SD card your main storage source when installing apps and downloadng files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
Is it possible to make your external SD card your main storage source when installing apps and downloadng files?

Unfortunately, nope. As far as I can tell, most of that will be fixed once we can root and install the SDFix, but until then...we're SOL. The most you can do right now is use the SD card as the main storage for the camera and music that you transfer to it. For apps, you're limited only to the apps that specifically comply to the new SD restrictions and even then all you can do is move most the app data.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Unfortunately, nope. As far as I can tell, most of that will be fixed once we can root and install the SDFix, but until then...we're SOL. The most you can do right now is use the SD card as the main storage for the camera and music that you transfer to it. For apps, you're limited only to the apps that specifically comply to the new SD restrictions and even then all you can do is move most the app data.

Well that's a real downer. =(

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
Yeah, definitely sucks. I'm using doubleTwist as my music/podcast app and it won't let me use the SD card as my main storage. So now I have to go through the annoying task of manually moving the downloaded podcasts to my SD card. Not really that annoying, but it's just an extra step that I shouldn't need to do :(