Does my phone need a new battery?

Search This thread

its_ja10

Aug 31, 2013
As the title says. My battery lasts for about 6hrs screen time which I know is pretty good. But the problem is after ~45% my battery drains pretty fast without me even doing anything. Ive already tried clearing cache, also I have bbstats to see if there are any wakelocks and there are none. My phone is in deep sleep.
Currently I am at 70% with 2h15m screen time. After 45% my battery goes down the drain :(

Time for a new one? Please no recommendations of the zero lemon battery. That thing is huge and I like my phone sleek and slim :)

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
As the title says. My battery lasts for about 6hrs screen time which I know is pretty good. But the problem is after ~45% my battery drains pretty fast without me even doing anything. Ive already tried clearing cache, also I have bbstats to see if there are any wakelocks and there are none. My phone is in deep sleep.
Currently I am at 70% with 2h15m screen time. After 45% my battery goes down the drain :(

Time for a new one? Please no recommendations of the zero lemon battery. That thing is huge and I like my phone sleek and slim :)

Thanks

What rom are you running? How long has your battery been in service? I find that my battery drains at different rates based on time of day (and my ability to goof with the device).

Post a screen shot of your settings screens battery graph after a good long run without recharging. I use a widget that shows estimated amperage flow that helps me see what is going on.

Also check for wakelocks.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Reactions: its_ja10

its_ja10

Aug 31, 2013
What rom are you running? How long has your battery been in service? I find that my battery drains at different rates based on time of day (and my ability to goof with the device).

Post a screen shot of your settings screens battery graph after a good long run without recharging. I use a widget that shows estimated amperage flow that helps me see what is going on.

I'm on tweaked rom. I've only had this device for about 10-11 mnths now (which I know isn't that long). There are no wakelocks, as stated in the original post. I will post the battery settings screen tonight.

At the moment of posting this thread, I had at 2h15m screen time with 70% battery remaining. I am now at 30% at ~4h30m screen time.

I dont want more battery life, I just need more reliable battery life. I dont want to be looking for a charger at 40%.

THanks for all your help though :laugh:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks