Wiped OS!

Search This thread

litebright

Mar 31, 2014
Title pretty much says it all. I accidentally wiped the OS while trying to set my phone back to factory with data wiped off the internal. I thought 'system' was unchecked!

Does anyone have a link to either Stock 4.1.2 or 4.3 without KNOX? I tried this one, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541900, but it won't flash because the OS is missing.

Would I need to do this with Odin or can I just use the recovery to flash the ROM?

Thanks guys!

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Title pretty much says it all. I accidentally wiped the OS while trying to set my phone back to factory with data wiped off the internal. I thought 'system' was unchecked!

Does anyone have a link to either Stock 4.1.2 or 4.3 without KNOX? I tried this one, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541900, but it won't flash because the OS is missing.

Would I need to do this with Odin or can I just use the recovery to flash the ROM?

Thanks guys!

What do you mean it won't flash? Does it give an error message? What recovery are you on?

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: litebright

litebright

Mar 31, 2014
What do you mean it won't flash? Does it give an error message? What recovery are you on?

Error message recieved is
"file_getprop: failed to stat '/system/build.prop': No such file or directory"

There is a statement above about the zip file
"10pm BUILD, NEEDS A ROM PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED"

Running TWRP 2.7.0.0

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

Error message recieved is
"file_getprop: failed to stat '/system/build.prop': No such file or directory"

There is a statement above about the zip file
"10pm BUILD, NEEDS A ROM PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED"

Running TWRP 2.7.0.0

I know a LOT of people were having trouble with TWRP 2.7 not flashing correctly and not backing up correctly. Try the 2.6.3 version

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: litebright

litebright

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks, I got it finally. I needed to find a flashable 4.1.2 to use with TWRP. I think flashed the MK3 version from the link in my original post. Thankfully Titanium had just run a backup yesterday!

Thank you again for your help! :victory:

Top Liked Posts