Originally Posted by Ninhalem
Yes this is another GT-N7102 thread. Yes I did search for days trying to find a solution before posting here. Yes this phone is rooted (installed SuperUser but going through that process of setup and login into the Play Store every time is a pain). No there is no bloody Odin download mode just that infuriating Factory mode all in kanji (Vol Down + Power, holding down menu or not holding down menu still produces the factory mode).
One of the big problems I have is that when I reset to factory and setup the phone, when the phone is rebooted again, the boot loop starts all over. Hence I have only one shot to get it right while the phone is in the operating system before I have to do a wipe again to get out of the resulting loop.
I've been trying for days to get either the stock rom, a custom recovery, or a custom rom like CM installed on this device. I need some help on getting stock installed with maybe a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP, or at least pointed in the direction of the answer.
Information about this particular phone:
Model #: GT-N7102
Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband Version: N7100XXALIE
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-178067 SMP PREEMPT
Build #: JRO03C.N7100ZSALIA
Custom Build Version: I968.7500A.02.02.I.A-V1.0.3B06R81
At reboot: Vol Down + Power = Factory menu in kanji (there is no Odin mode when pressing Vol up when in this mode, just scrolling through the options)
Vol Up + Power = Boot mode selection (options are recovery, fastboot, and reboot)
Is there any way to do what I am trying to accomplish or am I just screwed and trash the phone?
1. Head to the download page
, this is the UNmodified firmware provided ‘as is’ from Samsung/carrier servers.
2. After download is complete, extract the downloaded file and you should get a MD5 file.
3. Enter the download mode form your device [normally by holding the volume up button + home button + power button]
4. Connect your device to your PC.
5. Start Odin.
6. Odin should recognize your device, and you can tell so by seeing that the first slot from the upper left is taken, if not then you need to install a driver for your device. [I personally just download Kies
and it automatically download the proper driver for your device]
7. Click on PDA from Odin and browse to the extracted MD5 file.
8. Press Start.
9. Do not unplug your device until the process is fully completed.
10. The phone will reboot and you should see a Pass! on Odin, which means the process was successfully accomplished.
This will turn your device condition back to it's stock condition [like it's brand new] ( no root- no custom ROM -no nothing)
Anyway if you wish to root do the same past steps but using this file.
Afterwards you can install a custom recovery with the same steps again using this file.
Don't proceed with any step of the past steps unless you fully understand every single one of them, if you have any difficulties understanding anything feel free to ask!
If I helped in any way, Hit the [thanks] button ( if I have one XD).