1) wiped the stock rom slot on my phone via safestrap
2) thus, also deleted every single file on my internal storage (documents, pictures, personal memories, basically all files, titanium backup files, everything)
3) to hammer my point home: i lost everything that made my phone feel like my own and there's a sinking feeling in my stomach as i write this.
what was I trying to accomplish?
1) switch from KK Knoxraid to JB Firenote x7
what instructions did i follow? the instructions I found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2707555
what went wrong?
1) smooth sailing right up until the point where i was in Recovery (SafeStrap 3.71) and I tried to flash JB FireNote X7. (smart, right? not...)
2) i noticed a strange error message that told me something about error datamedia/media - something about it not existing. i suspected there was some hiccup so i brilliantly wiped everything again and tried to re-flash, only to realize WHY there were instructions telling me to put the flashable ZIP on my external SD card
3) i no longer have any backups to restore via safestrap, nor any roms on my internal or external sd card
4) most disappointingly: i also do not seem to have any way to transfer any files from my computer to my phone. but then, I do not know what all the options are for doing so.
Now, after some research I understand that this is not as simple as the instructional thread made it out to be. at least not in my situation. I should have reverted back to JB, after using KK. But now i'm here and I do not know what to do. Hopefully what follows will help some other poor soul (read: idiot) that finds themselves in the same situation.
What am I trying to accomplish now:
1) Ideally, restore every file that i just wiped from my internal storage. i know this is a long shot, but i thought I'd throw it out there.
2) Most importantly: get my phone working again! preferrably with FireNote x7 ROM in my stock slot
Where am I at the moment?
1) in front of my computer at 12:45 in the morning in a cold sweat (not actually sweating, but you get the picture)
2) looking at the ADB sideload screen in Safestrap recovery 3.71. to make things worse, it appears that it does not work and it will not let me return to the main menu. Why did I do this? i panicked. have you ever panicked? i did, and i feel stupid