[Q] VS980 status bar date and time

Search This thread

beanmiester

Feb 14, 2014
Is there any way to disable this? I keep double tapping my status bar to turn off my screen and it opens up my date and time every time. This is the date and time on the left side of my status bar when I pulldown.

This is new with kitkat, I never had this date and time before the OTA today.

Last edited:

Dick Ripple

Jul 24, 2010
Memphis
Is there any way to disable this? I keep double tapping my status bar to turn off my screen and it opens up my date and time every time. This is the date and time on the left side of my status bar when I pulldown.

Why are you pulling it down before the double tap? Tap on the bar when the curtain is closed to turn the screen off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

beanmiester

Feb 14, 2014
Why are you pulling it down before the double tap? Tap on the bar when the curtain is closed to turn the screen off.

It doesn't matter if I pull down or not that was simply to illustrate where it is on the screen. It happens if I double tap anywhere on the left side of the screen; which is the side I usually do.

Kitkat changed the way my status bar pulldown works as well; it's all ugly now. Any fixes besides flashing another rom?

Dick Ripple

Jul 24, 2010
Memphis
It doesn't matter if I pull down or not that was simply to illustrate where it is on the screen. It happens if I double tap anywhere on the left side of the screen; which is the side I usually do.

Kitkat changed the way my status bar pulldown works as well; it's all ugly now. Any fixes besides flashing another rom?

Not sure what to tell you. Mine looks and functions exactly like it did on 4.2

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
Double tap faster... just thoroughly tested this. If done slow, depending on side, it can pull settings or time. If done fast, turns off. It has to be tapped pretty slow to pull up menus...