StreakMod Recovery

Search This thread

goteks21

Jan 19, 2010
Montreal
Hi I have a small problen and I don't know if it's streakmod recovery but I can't flash rom anymore... everytime I select update from pkg.zip I chose any custom rom and right after it show opening package it automatically stop and go back to the previous menu (the one with reboot, update, etc..)

I'm on olleh 2.3.3
I use amss and dsp1 from DJ_steve's thread
kernel 2.6.35.7-perf
baseband GAUSB1A1406214-US

also when I select error report I get the confirmation that it's saved on my sd as recovery.log but when I open it it's empty.. anyway anybody can help :S

thanks a lot

Hi I have a small problen and I don't know if it's streakmod recovery but I can't flash rom anymore... everytime I select update from pkg.zip I chose any custom rom and right after it show opening package it automatically stop and go back to the previous menu (the one with reboot, update, etc..)

I'm on olleh 2.3.3
I use amss and dsp1 from DJ_steve's thread
kernel 2.6.35.7-perf
baseband GAUSB1A1406214-US

also when I select error report I get the confirmation that it's saved on my sd as recovery.log but when I open it it's empty.. anyway anybody can help :S

thanks a lot
Read this:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_5/Flashing_Guide and realize that pkg files are stock rom files flashed with Dell's recoveries while zip files are custom roms flashed with Streakmod.

goteks21

Jan 19, 2010
Montreal
Read this:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_5/Flashing_Guide and realize that pkg files are stock rom files flashed with Dell's recoveries while zip files are custom roms flashed with Streakmod.

ya i got that i already did every setup possible with my streak, what i'm saying is i can't flash zip files anymore. when i said pkg. zip it's because i didn't remember exactly what where the 2 option in streakmod.
i updated olleh by renaming the package to update.pkg and my custom rom by simply putting the zip file on my sd

cdzo72

ya i got that i already did every setup possible with my streak, what i'm saying is i can't flash zip files anymore. when i said pkg. zip it's because i didn't remember exactly what where the 2 option in streakmod.
i updated olleh by renaming the package to update.pkg and my custom rom by simply putting the zip file on my sd

You may have to flash Streakmod again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

goteks21

Jan 19, 2010
Montreal
Finally I ended up being able to flash a custom rom again. I did a factory recovery and get back to rogers android 2.2 FW, flashed streakmod and installed olleh, did a factory reset from phone menu, put custom rom on sd, reflashed streakmod along with amss dsp1 and finally update from zip on sd in recovery and voila it worked.. weird but anyway I'm happy it's working now!

kobak

Jan 10, 2007
Budapest
streakmod recovery ha ha ha it's a **** !!!!

hia ewery one.I'think that "streak mod recovery " it's piece ****...Im sorry but it's truu.I traing to get in thath recovery allmost 4 day whit out anithing.Its always showing tha original racovery and than a **** off originalblue letters off the dell recovery saying i need a update pakage I know tath,but I wanna flash a ****UNG costum rom...So if you guys help ma where can i find or get a working Clock Work Mod Recovery because this streak mod it' un usuful ****...OOhh and I alredy did lat off time a system restore and flashing tha recovery but when its rebooting after i turning off them turning on to recovery then update pakage then power button its nothing happend just the ****ing normal racovery saying i need a pakage file,but was i say before i wanna flash a costum rom.soo thank you for you'r help.:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

ncik

Dec 23, 2010
Delhi
hia ewery one.I'think that "streak mod recovery " it's piece ****...Im sorry but it's truu.I traing to get in thath recovery allmost 4 day whit out anithing.Its always showing tha original racovery and than a **** off originalblue letters off the dell recovery saying i need a update pakage I know tath,but I wanna flash a ****UNG costum rom...So if you guys help ma where can i find or get a working Clock Work Mod Recovery because this streak mod it' un usuful ****...OOhh and I alredy did lat off time a system restore and flashing tha recovery but when its rebooting after i turning off them turning on to recovery then update pakage then power button its nothing happend just the ****ing normal racovery saying i need a pakage file,but was i say before i wanna flash a costum rom.soo thank you for you'r help.:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

That's no way to ask for help. Now let's try again.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana

First - your post is rude, wrong and way out of line.

Second - read the opening post, in particular this part:

[SIZE=+2]!!! COMMON ISSUES !!![/SIZE]
StreakMod Recovery being overwritten by the stock recovery - If you are having issues with the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery, please read this excellent guide on how to resolve: http://www.rdtk.net/2011/06/14/custo...n-dell-streak/
Third - most of the recoveries, roms, scripts, apps, etc. you get from XDA are FREE and developed by volunteers who get very little return for their time and effort. If something does not work the way you like take the time to create the stuff you need or want yourself. Complaining because stuff you are getting for FREE doesn't meet you expectations is just plain silly. The devs owe you nothing - if you think about it, those who use their work owe them way more than they owe us.

Last - the opening post was written in November, 2010. This recovery has been used successfully by MANY users since then. Does that give you a clue that it is possibly user error?

Last edited:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
@kobak: If you expect anyone to take you seriously, try posting using actual sentences. That means periods and capital letters. However, even if you did that I'm not sure we could take you seriously, since you apparently are incapable of actually reading posts and expecting to have things spoonfed to you.

Go do some reading and find the answer yourself, because with an attitude like that you're not going to get any help here.

Reactions: Edrill

kobak

Jan 10, 2007
Budapest
hi Now THANk's for help'S .Im not a English guy ,s o if you guy's have a problem with my sentences or whit language pls tell to GOOGLE ...
Iit 's not my error because "streak mod recowery "not working...I have been reading everything whit out success :( and that make me crazzzzy :eek: because i seeing in here "its work for me " BUT why not working for me ?!?!?!?any way And of the story for me...
Im using Windows 7 home basic on my Streak 5 now with dual-boot with the original android 2,2,3 .... So thanks for the help&NOTHING !!!:mad:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
kobak said:
I'm not an English guy.
That's no excuse. There are plenty of translation websites out there other than Google that can take your input and create a coherent sentence out of them. Google is a site of last resort for translations.

If you've been reading, you've not been reading enough. Everything you needed to know was in the first post. Therefore, it's user error. Since you made the choice to come to this forum and complain about how StreakMod Recovery doesn't work instead of asking for help to get it to work, you're on your own.

kobak said:
So thanks for the help & NOTHING !!!
You're welcome. Don't let the door hit you on the behind on the way out.

Hungarian Translation using Bing Translator (http://www.microsofttranslator.com/):
kobak said:
I'm not an English guy.
Ez nincs mentség. Vannak boség-ból ott nem a Google fordítás honlapokon, hogy a bemeneti veszi, és hozzon létre egy koherens mondat ki oket. A Google a legvégso fordítások weboldal.

Ha már olvasat, akkor nem olvasott elég. Minden szükséges-hoz tud volt, az első üzenet. Ezért helyénvaló a felhasználó hiba. Mivel az Ön választása ezen a fórumon való jönnek, és hogyan StreakMod helyreállítási nem muködik, nem kérdezés részére segít-hoz kap ez-munka panaszkodnak, te vagy a saját.

kobak said:
So thanks for the help & NOTHING !!!
Szívesen. Ne hagyja, hogy a megüt ön a kiút mögött az ajtót.

Last edited:
Reactions: ducatisto

soomat

Jun 22, 2010
Jakarta
may be this is a noob question :(
i just bought Dell Streak 5 with Froyo 2.2.2, BB GAUSB1A136000 and i want to install StreakMod Recovery (already download recovery-v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix.zip & recovery-v0.3.2.8-beta.zip) my question is : do i must flash via fastboot the 2 recovery.img or just one..?? and on page one it says : Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" in the menu & At the Dell Logo press the power button and you will be presented with the Recovery Menu but where i can find file "update.pkg" ...??

Edited : Solved and Now Running Longhorn 2.9.1

Cheers ;)

Last edited:

andronomer

Jan 22, 2014
Bandar Lampung
Streakmod Menu with no menu ???

My streak some how get stuck on logo
Trying to get into Streak mod menu
It goes to the blue menu
but there no menu just blue strip on above
and v0.3.2.8 at below
no menu letters

HELPP !!

andronomer

Jan 22, 2014
Bandar Lampung
I flashed CWM. Same error. I changed both SD Cards with blank SD Cards formated with ext 2,3,4 (wikipedia). It reboot not on my purpose. Voila !!
My streak running on Trav DSC again with CWM.

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+2] ** UPDATE ** [/size]
    Needless to say, this project has been abandoned. However, please note the source for my contribution has been shared since day one and is still available (https://github.com/davidmroth). While I'm not available to provide individual support, I am more to happy to provide support of any new projects based off the Dell StreakMod Recovery source. Thanks you all for your support and encouragement!

[size=+2]INTRODUCTION[/size]
    Here is a little project I have been working on for quite sometime now. It's another Recovery based on work from Koush (Clockwork). My goal was to create a Dell Streak specific implementation with a stock look and feel.

This is in early development and I am pretty sure it has bugs :( But hopefully, with feed back from the XDA community, this can become great tool.

[size=+2]FEATURES[/size]
    • Landscape orientation
    • Capacitive buttons
    • First stage of the two stage camera button works
    • Signature verification setting survives reboot (disabled by default) - Good suggestion gingernator007!
    • More to come!

In keeping with the open source spirit, the source is available @ https://github.com/davidmroth. Any suggestions or feedback will be greatly appreciated! Also, I will accept patches and contributions.

[size=+2]HOW TO INSTALL THE RECOVERY[/size]
    • Unzip and flash with: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img
    • Reboot with: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot
    • Hold down the keys "volume up" and "volume down" simultaneously while rebooting.
    • Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" in the menu
    • At the Dell Logo press the power button and you will be presented with the Recovery Menu

[size=+2]UPDATES[/size]
    • v0.3 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed bug reported by homeiss.
    • v0.3.1 - Nov 15, 2010 - Fixed typo reported by gingernator007. / Added enhancement suggested by gingernator007.
    • v0.3.1.1 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid restore / data part. not backing up correctly
    • v0.3.1.2 - Nov 20, 2010 - Fixed bug with nanadroid / .android_secure not backing up correctly
    • v0.3.1.3 - Dec 2, 2010 - Fixed bug with partial update.zip not installing correctly
    • v0.3.2 - Dec 6, 2010 - Nandroid backups are now fully compatible with the Dell Streak. /Firstboot is backup-up with during a nandroid backup operation. Signature verification disabled by default.
    • v0.3.2.5-beta - Dec 11, 2010 - Fixed file chooser. Now with scrolling!
    • v0.3.2.6-beta - Dec 12, 2010 - Fixed minor issue that may have prevent Dalvik-Cache and fix
      permissions from working correctly.
    • v03.2.7-DocterWFix - May 31, 2011 - Fixed issue with /firstboot issue that prevented successful backups for some
    • v03.2.8-beta - Jun 18, 2011 - Based on feedback from forum members, DoctorW has enabled the menu by default. No longer need to press the power button to enable the recovery menu.

OUTSTANDING BUGS:
    • Renaming backup folders with certain non-standard characters and spaces will cause the MD5 verification to fail - [severity: low] - Reported by @nickshertzer

[size=+2]FILING BUG REPORTS[/size]
    If you feel that you have observed a bug with this recovery, please take the time to report it. ** IMPORTANT** If the directions below are not followed, this will limit my ability, or your peer's ability, to help you!! Our assistance is only as good as the description of your problem.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FILE A BUG REPORT

[size=+1]2 Step Process:[/size]
    1. While in the recovery, navigate to the advance menu item, and click select by pressing either the menu key or the camera key. Next select "report error;" the file recovery.log will be automatically copied to the root of the SDCard. Please post the contents of the file in a new post in this thread.

2. Please also post a brief summary of your issue and provide the following details:
      • Current ROM, i.e. Dell Froyo 318, DJ_Steve 1.5.1, etc...
      • Android Version, i.e. 2.2, 2.1, 1.6, etc...
      • Kernel and Baseband version (while booted normally, this info can be found by pressing the menu button and navigating to Settings, then About)

[size=+2]THANKS[/size]
    I would like to thank all the folks who are working to make the Dell Streak one of the best smartphones available. I also would like to thank Koush, Amon_RA, DJ_Steve, DoctorW, smokku, and spences10 for their help and/or contributions. Last but not least, I would like to thank Google for a great OS!

A big special thanks to all who have provided feedback, suggestions, and bug reports!

[size=+2]!!! COMMON ISSUES !!![/size]
    StreakMod Recovery being overwritten by the stock recovery - If you are having issues with the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery, please read this excellent guide on how to resolve: http://www.rdtk.net/2011/06/14/custom-recovery-prevent-overwriting-on-dell-streak/
    New update posted

Ok, gang!

A new update has been posted: v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix. Let me know your experience. I am unable to verify due to the fact I do not directly own the Dell Streak anymore, but I will work--with help from this community--to ensure it performs the functions that are essential to what most users expect from a recovery.

Also, if any one is interested helping me to manage this project, please contact me. I have received a lot of suggestions of the last few months, and would like to see some of them implemented.

Of course, DoctorW will be my first choice if he so graciously accepts this assignment! :)

That's no way to ask for help. Now let's try again.
    mistadman is going to give me access to the git repository, and initially I'll help out with the testing and learning my way around the code. Eventually, once I'm familiar with it all I will take over maintenance.
    I've had this happen, and it's most likely because the MicroSD got jostled enough that the card's contacts aren't touching the socket's prongs properly.

1. Open up the battery compartment.
    2. Pull the battery (for safety).
    3. Pull the MicroSD.
    4. Test the MicroSD in your PC and see if it can be read.
    5. If the MicroSD is reported as corrupt:
      • Format the MicroSD.
      • Follow the steps in 6 below.
    6. If the MicroSD can be read:
      • Replace the MicroSD in the Streak.
      • Replace the battery.
      • Close the battery compartment.
    As I mentioned, I encountered this problem myself. After reseating the MicroSD, I took a pair of needle-nose pliers and bent the little L-shaped tab on the inside of the battery cover inward a small amount. This tab is supposed to prevent the MicroSD from shifting, but in my case the tab was not doing its job. Bending it inward solved the problem.