My name is Andrew and recently I tried to root my Huawei G510 but I couldn't find any tutorial that covered everything from root to custom recovery and custom ROM so I decided to take a few pieces from every post that I saw and to try it.I want to mention that I am on Mac OS X and almost all the solution I found were for Windows which I don't like and I don't have a copy of it.
- Firstly you need to root your phone and for that we will use 'Cydia Impactor', an application that is made by [I]saurik[/] which is the creator of cydia.You can download Cydia Impactor from here and it should work on almost any device (and if it doesn't it won't brick your phone or something like that, according to the website).
- Download Cydia Impactor.
- Open Cydia Impactor.
- Plug your phone in your computer and enable USB Debugging (by going to Settings -> Developer Options (turn it on if it is off) -> Android Debugging). ( pic. #1 )
- If you don't have Developer Options go to About Phone and press multiple times on Build Number. ( pic. #2 )
- Be sure that '# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su' is selected and press Start.
- After a few seconds your phone should be rooted, to check if the operation worked install.
Download the 'Android' archive from the bottom of this post. It contains adb and fastboot for Mac OS X. I also attached an 'Android-ALL' archive that also contains adb and fastboot for Linux and Windows but I am not sure if it works. Also download the latest .img file from here (it's TWRP) and put it in the same folder.
- Now we should unlock the boot loader. Fortunately there is an app on the Play Store which will do just that for you. Install it from here.
- Open it, click 'Check ROOT Acces', click 'Huawei U8951 Bootloader unlock'.
- The device will restart in a bit and you will see some kind of a chinese logo, ignore it.
- Now that we have the phone rooted and the bootloader is unlocked we can flash a custom recovery.
- Put your phone in fastboot.
- Shutdown your phone.
- Take the battery off, wait ~10 seconds.
- Put the battery&cover back in.
- Press 'VOL -' and 'Power' at the same time for ~ 10 seconds.
- Open terminal, do 'cd <the android folder location>' (i.e /Users/flyingpotatoes/Desktop/android).
- Type './fastboot flash recovery recovery.img', recovery.img being your version of TWRP.
- Wait until it says that it is done and then do './fastboot reboot'.
- Put your phone in fastboot.
- Let's put a custom rom.
- Download your CUSTOM ROM and put it on your sdcard.
- Repeat 1.10 but replace 'VOL -' with 'VOL +' (from 1.10.4).
- You should now be in TWRP recovery.
- Go to Wipe and Swipe to Factory Reset.
- Go back, go to Install -> *your custom ROM*.zip -> Swipe to confirm flash.
- Enjoy your rooted G510!
All the custom ROMs available for Huawei Ascend G510/Y300 (same hardware)
GApps for 4.3.x/4.4.x
!!WARNING!! I AM NOT RESPONSABLE OF ANYTHING THAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE! !!WARNING!!
If you have any question feel free to post a reply to this thread!