Kitkat browser performance

Search This thread

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
Hi guys, the kitkat update is definitely smoother than 4.3 in general. But my browser performance is definitely worse. I've tried many different browsers but I can't seem to find one that is perfectly smooth.
When I scroll it's laggy and the text doesn't get rendered quick enough. I scroll, everything gets blurry and then it takes a second until the site is sharp. I hope you understand what I'm talking about :) But that makes scrolling around a page really annoying.
My main browser that I used with 4.3 "habit browser" has gotten more laggy in general.

Anyone else noticing this? BTW i did a factory reset after upgrading to kitkat.

cantfindanick

Sep 14, 2013
Ankara
i'm using chrome and it became way better in terms of performance, yes device does not renders entire webpage in a single try but it works fine enough for me, Scrolling lag is not too much to have an effect on experince. If you are using chrome you can modify "chrome://flags" to adjust it to your liking.

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
Thx for the tip. I just tried dolphin and that seem the best until now. But it has some buttons in weird places. Not ideal but will do.
I also tried Firefox. It takes like 10 secs to render every time after scrolling! It's really bad.