Move apps to SD Card not working

Search This thread

WebertRLZ

Oct 3, 2012
Belo Horizonte
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

I have my phone as it came from the store. All stock, not rooted, and I have a 32 GB Class 10 SD Card in it.
Through the Settings / Application Manager / On SD Card I have the option to thick what apps I'd like to move to the SD Card.
If I check any apps it acts like it was moving the app (even if I click on "Move to SD Card") but actually it stays in the device memory.

I can "move" all the apps to the SD card, the phone will tell me that they are on the SD card and it gives me the option to move them back to the device's memory, but for real there's nothing in my sd card, and device's memory is full.

Any ideia what's the problem? That feature works very well in my old Galaxy Y Duos.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-51-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-51-30.png
    135 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-51-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-51-23.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-52-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-52-06.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-52-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-52-16.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 68

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
It's a known issue the apps are moved to the internal (emulated sdcard) not the external sdcard

osvanberg

Jun 2, 2012
Oh that sucks! I was just wondering the same thing..... :(

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

M

Mortitheon

It's a known issue the apps are moved to the internal (emulated sdcard) not the external sdcard

You're completely wrong bro....

That is not a bug. When you move app to SDCard, it doesn't move large data. If you want to move the data and the game still works, go to the Play Store and search for FolderMount (NEEDS ROOT). Read the instructions carefully and use it. Thats what I do to move 10GB of data and still the game works. Good Luck.

Press THANKS if I helped!

WebertRLZ

Oct 3, 2012
Belo Horizonte
www.facebook.com
When you move app to SDCard, it doesn't move large data. If you want to move the data and the game still works, go to the Play Store and search for FolderMount (NEEDS ROOT). Read the instructions carefully and use it. Thats what I do to move 10GB of data and still the game works. Good Luck.

Thanks but it seems like there is something wrong. It doesn't move ANYTHING, though it says it's moved. That's an issue.

osvanberg

Jun 2, 2012
It's like fburgos wrote earlier, it's an know bug on the Gs4mini. It sucks!

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
You're completely wrong bro....

That is not a bug. When you move app to SDCard, it doesn't move large data. If you want to move the data and the game still works, go to the Play Store and search for FolderMount (NEEDS ROOT). Read the instructions carefully and use it. Thats what I do to move 10GB of data and still the game works. Good Luck.

That's the workaround I use folder mount, works nice as expected when moving obb, picture, downloads, music, and documents folder to the extsdcard.

I haven't moved apps to the sdcard lately but I'm pretty sure the apps data where in the emulated when I try that option the first time.

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Do you guys think Samsung will provide a solution? I can't root it, I still need guarantee. My phone is still locked.
Maybe Kit Kat will solve this problem?

I doubt it, as this function isn't available in custom ROMs as well.

Unless it system apps you want to move, otherwise the GL to SD app I provide above will work. It just the free version only allows you link up to 5 apps.