FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SIM - Data works, Calls and Texts do not

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By spacepimp, Junior Member on 19th April 2014, 03:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I followed the sticky guide from the general section - I'm able flash roms, and cwm, root, etc.
However
Although I have adequate signal - i'm able to use 3g data - I can't make or recieve calls or texts.
Everything seems to be working right up until dialling a number - when the phone immediately hangs up.
I've spent quite a few hours over the last couple of days looking round XDA for similar problems - and the issue (phone immediately hangs up but data is working) seems relatively common - but no joy yet - except for trying a new rom, toggling data on and off, and a new motherboard.
I've tried several roms, including an out-of-region stock, and formatted everything except the sdcard, and nothing is solving the issue.

I'm guessing I've mashed up something to do with the radio- as I think it's not starting - but I don't understand how flashing a new rom doesn't replace the corrupted files and resolve the issue.

is there a way of formatting absolutely everything and then reinstalling everything from scratch?

Will a phone repair shop on the high street be able to flash something I can't flash over usb?

Further details: opening call forwarding settings gives a "Call settings error - network or sim error" message
likewise "Caller ID" etc.
The IMEI is displayed correctly, but the phone does not show my phone number.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hang up, radio

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)