Should i sell my z1?

Search This thread

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
I bought this phone week back, I m Sammy fan, had sold my s4 and m now at z1, should I upgrade my phone to s5 or any other? What's your opinion..

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
I bought this phone week back, I m Sammy fan, had sold my s4 and m now at z1, should I upgrade my phone to s5 or any other? What's your opinion..

Not the best place to ask...is the Z1 not fast enough for you or have a good enough camera.. Then upgrade

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mandeep148

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010

waste of money and a minor performance bost/upgrade to S5's 801 Snapdragon processor.

stick with the Z1, until at least the 805 processor based phones come out and you have a significant upgrade.

regards

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
This place is for Real Problems than that.

he is in the right place Q&A, YOUR TROLLING AGAIL LOL,

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

hi i was the same got rid of my s4 for z1, but i am sick of having to keep buying new devices every 4-6 months, just wait abit longer, z1 is not a bad phone, but the magic of sammy is calling lol, good luck with your decission, regards joe,

ziemny

Dec 28, 2011
Warsaw
Despite the fact that it's really not an upgrade to go to S5, Samsung looks like sh1t compared to Z1 :) Z1 is a classy phone that looks good even if you're a businessman. S5 is a phone for people who just care about performance, that's my opinion.

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Thanks guys for your opinion, but actually thing I am missing is better viewing angles :(

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
If only I could find a phone with a decent 180 degree viewing angle......

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

..:D.. yeah, but is more appropriate to post it in General, from my point of view.

But questions are asked in the Q and A section not the general section.

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Thanks again to my bro's ,

..with a good Rooted Rom and Custom kernel you can Pimp your Phone and customize RGB and Withe Balance and 60% of bad angles you get rid of it.

I am just worring about warranty if I unlock bootloader, I was root user when I had Samsung :D
I need guide about sony

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks again to my bro's ,

I am just worring about warranty if I unlock bootloader, I was root user when I had Samsung :D
I need guide about sony

You do NOT need to unlock the bootloader to gain root.

You do not void your warranty as rooting is a two way process

Also, as for guides...please search there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of posts explaining how to do it. (I myself write it about 4 times a day, so one more wont hurt)

1) Flash a FTF ending in 534 for your phone (Find files and instructions in the mega collection thread in the general section)
2) Instal Dual Recovery (Find files and instructions in the dual recovery thread in the cross device development section)
3) Flash a 757 pre-rooted ROM of your choice (Find them in the development section)

Done

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Thanks a lot,
One more thing I don't like In sony devices their software never bug free and launcher not so smooth/tweaked, wallpaper scrolling like less fps, touchscreen start miss after 2 days, I restart my phone then touch screen runs fine for more 2 days..
These Things Sony always fail to provide better software, waited 2 years but still sony behaves like noob,
Hardware wise like camera sound no doubt, it's nice. But software always buggy.

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
s5 is a bit better in performance but seems quite few that u cant feel the difference
z1 got a better camera and more stylish in my opinion
also the sony audio effects (u might be able to flash them on samsung anyway)

Zr100

Apr 21, 2014
Z1 is a good phone, and if you like it, then don't upgrade to a new phone and wait till there is a phone you really want.

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Guys is the touch screen dsync issue normal? I get it very slight, after 2 days I need to restart my phone to fix it, then it works fine.. Touch screen dsync issue is always happens it happens very less, mostly after 2 days of restart..
Is that normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Dladz, how you doing? Can you send me the link of that monster?

Hey m8, i'm not too bad, how's yourself?

Here's the link, i'm seriously having a very hard time faulting it, ticks every single box for me.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...3gb-of-ram-and-3100mah-non-removable-battery/

Official site http://oneplus.net/

£269 for the lot offline hahaa :D

It'll be dropping in may, but if you can't wait for that then there is always this

http://oneplus.net/smash

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I saw that beast on video this morning, almost tempting

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Yea definitely, I saw it and thought it was a HTC device so started having a look an then I spotted the logo and thought nah it's a crazy chinese company that'll yoyo back into the shadows, but that spec sheet looks like an XDA members dream and seeing that the operating system is designed by an XDA member I can see what they've done.
    Every possible angle has been looked at and taken care of, just looking at them specs must be making sammy and apple think " Oh for crying out loud who the hell is 1+1? Why have they given so much?"

Then they'll see the price and put a gun in their mouths :silly: :D

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I saw that beast on video this morning, almost tempting

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Yea definitely, I saw it and thought it was a HTC device so started having a look an then I spotted the logo and thought nah it's a crazy chinese company that'll yoyo back into the shadows, but that spec sheet looks like an XDA members dream and seeing that the operating system is designed by an XDA member I can see what they've done.
    Every possible angle has been looked at and taken care of, just looking at them specs must be making sammy and apple think " Oh for crying out loud who the hell is 1+1? Why have they given so much?"

Then they'll see the price and put a gun in their mouths :silly: :D

PS: Just to point out that the Z1 isn't a bad phone, it's got it's trade off's and i've had my issues but overall it's been reliable, stable, fast and durable, not to mention it came swimming with my a while ago where i made a few underwater video's and such which was great, the water pressed the play button on poweramp and the music was playing in the background which i didn't know at the time so all my videos have got Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy and The Doors - light my fire in the background but it worked is the point :)

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Guys is the touch screen dsync issue normal? I get it very slight, after 2 days I need to restart my phone to fix it, then it works fine.. Touch screen dsync issue is always happens it happens very less, mostly after 2 days of restart..
    Is that normal?

Some people have reported a problem with the touchscreen, it tends to not happen when you're holding the metal part of the phones frame, so holding it in a case tends to make it happen (if that's what you ment)

Not all Z1's have this problem, only some, there was a thread about this which i've tried to find and it's eluded me, it was about the problem and someone posted a possible fix for it which some people had found to work, it's definitely in the Z1 section, just not sure where.

It involved modding a config file to reduce or highten the sensitivity of the screen's touch.
    Despite the fact that it's really not an upgrade to go to S5, Samsung looks like sh1t compared to Z1 :) Z1 is a classy phone that looks good even if you're a businessman. S5 is a phone for people who just care about performance, that's my opinion.

Not the best place to ask...is the Z1 not fast enough for you or have a good enough camera.. Then upgrade

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

waste of money and a minor performance bost/upgrade to S5's 801 Snapdragon processor.

stick with the Z1, until at least the 805 processor based phones come out and you have a significant upgrade.

regards
    This place is for Real Problems than that.

he is in the right place Q&A, YOUR TROLLING AGAIL LOL,

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

hi i was the same got rid of my s4 for z1, but i am sick of having to keep buying new devices every 4-6 months, just wait abit longer, z1 is not a bad phone, but the magic of sammy is calling lol, good luck with your decission, regards joe,