Device stuck on HBOOT after installing KitKang ROM

Search This thread

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
Hello there!

I have never posted on XDA and I hope this is the right section.

So here it is guys:
I have recently installed the KitKang ROM from a tutorial on this forum (XDA LINK) for a friend of mine on his HTC Desire ...

Now whilst the phone was in perfect running order, I even managed to create an EXT partition for apps on the SD card and installed a2sd, worked like a dream for a few days ... when he was watching youtube one day the phone rebooted and since then only boots into HBOOT, the volume keys do not work to navigate, the power button does nothing, I can't even get into recovery mode.

I have spent 3-4 hours carefully reading forum posts and tried everything ... nothing works as the phone is not even being recognized when plugged in to the PC with USB.

This is the troubleshooting guide I used along with many others! LINK

I've tried my best to resolve this problem and NOTHING is working :(

I only get the white HBOOT screen and everything else is unresponsive (tried putting the Alpharev img on the SD, that doesn't work either).

JUST TO RECAP:
- No recovery available
- Unresponsive HBOOT
- Phone does not work with USB (only charges)

Can someone please assist me, I will be very grateful!

Info:
-REVOLUTIONARY-
BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
(the date which is wrong)

I am not a complete noob when it comes to android but not very advanced yet.

I just want the phone to go back to stock or any other STABLE ROM.

Thank you very much for all your help in advance.

Last edited:

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
Try booting directly into fastboot (using power + back). Then plug it into a PC via usb cable. Does it say "FASTBOOT USB" on the screen?

Hey, thanks for a reply!

I just tried that now but nothing happens, it boots straight into HBOOT and it is still unresponsive, my computer still doesn't recognize the phone. Tried different ports and cables too... have you got any other suggestions? Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong.

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
I have already tried this method, my bootloader doesn't read the file, gives me back a few errors.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I have already tried this method, my bootloader doesn't read the file, gives me back a few errors.

What errors??

Make sure the PB99IMG.zip file is on the root of ur sdcard (not inside a folder) thats prob why u get the errors in green writing ;)
@Chromium look at u with ur 4700 thanks ;) good man, well deserved :)

just wish i had a desire to test ur work.. good on ya buddy, keep it up. seen ur "facepalm" comment too in RC thread hahaha D'OH!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chromium

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
No, i put it on the root or my sd card, i know what the root directory is. It is simply not responding to anything. -_-

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Hah, thanks :) This will make you laugh. You and @eddiehk6 were the first people to help me when I was a complete n00b, lol.

Woah can't believe that's you. You've come a long way since then :good:

No, i put it on the root or my sd card, i know what the root directory is. It is simply not responding to anything. -_-

Strange it should detect it even if it won't properly flash. Double check:

It's named:
- "PB99IMG.zip" exactly, think it even requires all upper case.
- not "PB99IMG.zip.zip".
I don't mean to sound insulting with the second one, but I've seen it done ;)

Reactions: Chromium

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
Hey, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the phone doesn't detect the file, I am 100% sure. What ill do is get another sd card, maybe my one is corrupted somehow.

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London

It's named:
- not "PB99IMG.zip.zip".

Okay, I have gone a bit further than last time, I have somewhat better results, changed the SD card and the image loaded.

Now I am stuck on this (Please see the attached image)

The phone does not go any further and I cannot navigate through this list if I am even supposed to be able to do that.

Attachments

• 20140419_102350.jpg
    20140419_102350.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Saf98

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Okay, I have gone a bit further than last time, I have somewhat better results, changed the SD card and the image loaded.

The phone does not go any further and I cannot navigate through this list if I am even supposed to be able to do that.

Can't figure this out to be honest.

When you boot into bootloader with the PB99IMG.zip image, it should do a scan, then find it.

Then it should give you the option 'do you want to flash it?' or something like that, press power to select I think. Was so long ago since I had to do this myself. Does it resemble anything like this?

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Make sure u put the zip in the root of sd.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
@lilsafbig - dude, it has already found the file and loaded it.
@eddiehk6 - nah man, it's giving me options like on the other image after loading the file, which it never did before i tried the new sd card. Its strange, none of the physicall buttons work in this stupid HBOOT.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
@lilsafbig - dude, it has already found the file and loaded it.
@eddiehk6 - nah man, it's giving me options like on the other image after loading the file, which it never did before i tried the new sd card. Its strange, none of the physicall buttons work in this stupid HBOOT.

Did u check the MD5sum of the file? Cant really think of why it reads it then not let u choose to flash it.

markar07

Jan 27, 2011
London
Yes I did. Everything is fine with the file. I dont get it either ... I started suspecting the buttons being broken ... but it doesnt explain why the phone turns on yet cant use the power button to select any options. The volume buttons do not function at all. I get into HBOOT just by pressing the ON button and then it turns on.

desdesu

Dec 5, 2012
I had the same problem and what i did was first flashed in fastboot mode the "alpha jelly", try to search on that because thats the requirement on flashing kitkang and i flashed another recovery using fastboot mode. What i flashed is the latest CWM and them go recovery then flashed the 4.4.2 rom. and it worked for me. it should for you too.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I had the same problem and what i did was first flashed in fastboot mode the "alpha jelly", try to search on that because thats the requirement on flashing kitkang and i flashed another recovery using fastboot mode. What i flashed is the latest CWM and them go recovery then flashed the 4.4.2 rom. and it worked for me. it should for you too.

Did u even bother to read any posts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What errors??

Make sure the PB99IMG.zip file is on the root of ur sdcard (not inside a folder) thats prob why u get the errors in green writing ;)
    @Chromium look at u with ur 4700 thanks ;) good man, well deserved :)

just wish i had a desire to test ur work.. good on ya buddy, keep it up. seen ur "facepalm" comment too in RC thread hahaha D'OH!!!
    Hah, thanks :) This will make you laugh. You and @eddiehk6 were the first people to help me when I was a complete n00b, lol.

It's named:
    - not "PB99IMG.zip.zip".

It's named:
    - not "PB99IMG.zip.zip".