No Call.answering app?!

Search This thread

jmjjaison

Nov 3, 2013
I was just going through the play store to find an app which will answer my calls automatically and play a recorded message and record their message after a beep. But to my surprise I couldn't find a single working app! Can someone just let me know if there is any such app? If no then can someone make it?

Sent from my C1904 using xda app-developers app

XDASenior

Oct 27, 2013
anywhere
I was just going through the play store to find an app which will answer my calls automatically and play a recorded message and record their message after a beep. But to my surprise I couldn't find a single working app! Can someone just let me know if there is any such app? If no then can someone make it?

reflash your firmware or just flash (.zip) a rom ;)

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
reflash your firmware or just flash (.zip) a rom ;)

That wasn't the question what was asked. The OP is after an answerphone app, preferably not their network answerphone.

Anyway, OP. I don't think it is possible to create such an app, you would need to take over the phone state and then answer the call on incoming and then take and store a message. It may be possible however, I don't think it would be though.

Sent From My C1905

jmjjaison

Nov 3, 2013
This is an app which answers the call 'https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elpis.answer_machine'
..is meant to answer with a recorded message and also record the callers voice message (but doesn't do any of those except the call auto answer).
So I believe there can be such an app if some better app developer goes for it.

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
I think that what you are looking for is a carrier's service and not an app one, but there may be apps for this work too....

Go to settings>Call settings>Voicemail, choose Service>My carrier and in the Setup>Voicemail number place the number of your voicemail(You can find this number from your carrier). Then you can call your carrier's voicemail setup for the rest...

I never needed/used something like this so I'm not 100% sure.