By vincom, Recognized Contributor on 5th March 2013, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2014, 04:16 AM |#11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbnj

OK. I have the latest official Kies SW download, and an still a AT&T customer in good standing.

Here's my questions (and I think, but want to confirm before I play) the answers are what I think:

I) If I install CW or a new ROM will it affect my CONTRACT with AT&T? IE, void my grandfathered data plan?
2) same question on unlocking... (I am contemplating finally upgrading to a G 4, (or G5?) and giving this to my wife
to use on Tmobile or one of their virtual carriers.). if I unlock now does this also do anything to my plan?

3) I am presuming that the answer to 1 and 2 are BOTH "no effect to carrier."

I am also presuming that my getting a new phone will not affect my grandfathered plan
care to comment/condemn or agree?

-------------------------

I'm also on AT&T and I rooted my phone almost two years ago. I've had many different ROMs and have had no problems at all. It hasn't affected AT&T or my contract. From my experience, you'll be just fine.

Of course, if you give the S2 to your wife and change carriers, you'll need a new SIM card for that carrier.
Sky2674
22nd April 2014, 12:32 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
WIFI Problem 4.4.2
I'm sorry, this is probably bad etiquette but I didn't have an account and this is the only way it would let me post. I've recently installed the unofficial 4.4 rom by @Sultanxda and then the PA Rom by @bryan2894. Both installed fine and worked great at first, however after a couple hours the Wifi has stopped working. I first assumed it was the ROM, which is the reason I switched ROM's. Before installing PA by @bryan2894 I completely wiped and formatted EVERYthing, including the sd card to make sure I didn't have something lingering out there after all the flashing. I sideloaded this last ROM via adb to ensure that it was indeed a "clean" install. Same thing, works fine at first and then stops connecting. Now it just keeps scanning but never finds any networks...is this hardware related?? Thanks guys in advance for any direction you can point me in.

Edit: I should note that everything else is working fine thus far (aside from Google Camera settings crash in unofficial cm 11.0). Great job guys!!

Edit #2: I'M REALLY SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU! I found in an old thread that enabling wireless display is what caused the issue, it's fixed, sorry again for trying to go around the forum rules before searching more thoroughly...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)