[Q] Tethering Limited

Search This thread

Rarwkitty

Apr 19, 2014
I tethered my phone with my laptop and did not realize that the HTC One has a limit on tethering data. Now I am forever unable to tether with any device for that every time a device connects it leads to the Tmobile page where it tells me to buy the tethering plan (which I am too cheap to do). Is there any way to bypass this message?

The reason I say this is because with my old HTC HD7 I was able to tether till the battery dies. I was shocked when I was limited on the prestigious HTC One (maybe I'm just a noob) but please help guys? :(

(P.S. I've tried apps, same results)

Lobo Lansky

Jan 2, 2009
I tethered my phone with my laptop and did not realize that the HTC One has a limit on tethering data. Now I am forever unable to tether with any device for that every time a device connects it leads to the Tmobile page where it tells me to buy the tethering plan (which I am too cheap to do). Is there any way to bypass this message?

The reason I say this is because with my old HTC HD7 I was able to tether till the battery dies. I was shocked when I was limited on the prestigious HTC One (maybe I'm just a noob) but please help guys? :(

(P.S. I've tried apps, same results)

You have to create a new apn and add the old epc.tmobile.com to it and use that. Also it's good when you have an unlimited data plan to make sure.

Rarwkitty

Apr 19, 2014
You have to create a new apn and add the old epc.tmobile.com to it and use that. Also it's good when you have an unlimited data plan to make sure.

Yep I do an unlimited data plan. Anywho, I added a new apn but it did not seem to do the trick. I still got the tmobile page :(.

Attachments

• WOOPS.png
    WOOPS.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 18

Mehul mehta

Jan 22, 2013
New Delhi
Let me help you!

As you started you are having problems with usb tethering
So instead of that why don't you make wifi hotspot or try bluetooth tethering!