Pc not reading my s3

Search This thread

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
K guys I have an S3 and its 4.3 stock rooted . For some reason my pc has stopped reading / recognizing it.

I remember it working fine at first being connected to my PC and the drivers installed on their own and it allowed me to transfer files between the two simply connected via USB. However one day this stopped happening and my computer does not recognise my S3 at all, i've uninstalled and installed USB drivers multiple times along with KIES with no luck at all.

My pc is also running windows 8 ver 8.1

Ive have tried searching this issue and all I keep getting is old reports from 2011! And nothing really solving the issue

Any advice / help / tips would be wonderful

Thanks

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy s3 Protected by Otterbox Armor

AASonyKK

May 31, 2010
Italy
Have you tried to connect your S3 to another PC? With this test you can understand if the problem is with your PC or your phone.

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
Hmm... no I havent tried that

Unfortunately all my friends and family live so far from me I really dont have another one to use

MrWBucket

Feb 17, 2012
St Paul
K guys I have an S3 and its 4.3 stock rooted . For some reason my pc has stopped reading / recognizing it.

I remember it working fine at first being connected to my PC and the drivers installed on their own and it allowed me to transfer files between the two simply connected via USB. However one day this stopped happening and my computer does not recognise my S3 at all, i've uninstalled and installed USB drivers multiple times along with KIES with no luck at all.

My pc is also running windows 8 ver 8.1

Ive have tried searching this issue and all I keep getting is old reports from 2011! And nothing really solving the issue

Any advice / help / tips would be wonderful

Thanks

I've had that issue with several PCs. Have you tried going into Developer Options and either enabling or disabling USB debugging? I've had some that like it enabled and some that don't. Actually my main PC goes back and forth on that one. Also, have you tried a different cable?

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
I've had that issue with several PCs. Have you tried going into Developer Options and either enabling or disabling USB debugging? I've had some that like it enabled and some that don't. Actually my main PC goes back and forth on that one. Also, have you tried a different cable?

Yeah I have tried four different cables four different brands

And Ill have to try the debugging

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
I'm having the same issue. USB debugging on or off, my S3 stopped being recognized by my PC. It used to be just fine. IIRC, when I installed the MK3 kernel from here was the last major change to my phone. I think it was sometime after that it stopped being recognized. Haven't found a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: i.love.my.galaxy

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm having the same issue. USB debugging on or off, my S3 stopped being recognized by my PC. It used to be just fine. IIRC, when I installed the MK3 kernel from here was the last major change to my phone. I think it was sometime after that it stopped being recognized. Haven't found a solution.

Your link leads to this thread

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkdigles

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your link leads to this thread

You're link leads to this thread

Fixed

EDIT: Strange, just installed rev2 of that kernel and now I can access my phone's storage through my PC as I could before. Not sure what the change was but it worked.