FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Unable to boot into recovery - Secure booting error?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By thatbadboy, Junior Member on 5th November 2013, 03:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got my G2 D802 (International model) about 4 weeks ago, and rooted it almost immediately. It has been working great so far, but today I decided to try the latest CM nightly - and that's where I have hit a stumbling block.

I tried first by installing ROM Manager (5.5.3.0, latest version at the time I am writing). Under Recovery Setup, I found that I supposedly had already installed both ClockwordMod Recovery and TWRP. I honestly don't recall installing either one, but the options were available. I tried to "Reboot into Recovery" first with CWM, then with TWRP - both times, after the initial LG logo, I was greeted by the broken android with the red triangle. I also tried to reinstall CWM by choosing the corresponding option "Install or Update Recovery"), but the result was always the same. Each time, I was able to restart the phone, which is still working fine.

I then decided to flash a new CWM. I downloaded CWM Touch, then used Flashify to flash the new image and reboot the phone. This time, the boot process stopped after the LG logo appeared, but an error appeared right above it. I repeated the process two more times (once with CWM Touch and once with the default CWM), and the message that I read was something like:

Code:
Secure booting error
Error: Boot Certification Verify!
At this point, I am wondering if the problem might be a locked bootloader, or if it might be something else altogether. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I am not exactly a noob, as I used to root and flash my Nexus devices in the past. After a couple of years using Asus Padfones, however, I am a little rusty.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatbadboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thatbadboy Ad-Free

5th November 2013, 07:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have the exact same problem, I installed CWM using rom manager after rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

FIXED - Just use this method - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500441

Just installed CWM Touch using this method, took me less than 2 minutes... works perfect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j0sh1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j0sh1 Ad-Free
5th November 2013, 07:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8,726

Donate to Me
More
Someone should really write to lg about unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to darkobas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkobas Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 03:47 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh1

I have the exact same problem, I installed CWM using rom manager after rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

FIXED - Just use this method - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500441

Just installed CWM Touch using this method, took me less than 2 minutes... works perfect.

I just got around to trying what you suggested... it worked perfectly. Thanks!
4th December 2013, 01:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can you boot in to syste m , i have the same problem , do you know any way to fix it
can you boot in to syste m , i have the same problem , do you know any way to fix it i also cant boot in to system , . .
10th December 2013, 01:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janukpalm

can you boot in to syste m , i have the same problem , do you know any way to fix it i also cant boot in to system , . .

Read my post here, and see if it helps.
22nd April 2014, 08:18 AM |#7  

More
Thumbs down not working in lg g2. 4.4.2
not working in lg g 2 (d802)...

26th April 2014, 12:52 AM |#8  
Flag Clinton, MA
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohitkumar

not working in lg g 2 (d802)...

I was having the same issue. I found this nice link that worked like a charm and is VERY easy. If you're rooted, just download the appropriate apk for your device and it will install twrp. I was driving myself crazy earlier trying to fix this and then I find this app AutoRec... Genius!

http://www.**********.com/install-tw...-4-4-2-kitkat/

Hope this helps everybody who's just as frustrated as I was.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kuyankee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuyankee Ad-Free
13th September 2014, 11:38 PM |#9  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Smile I had this issue too.
I had this issue too:

Every time I tried to boot into recovery I got the error from OP. Every time i ran the loki script i got some error about reading aboot. Mind you I could still boot, I just couldn't get into recovery.

I went to this page, downloaded the apk, installed it and let it do the rest.

http://www.**********.com/install-tw...-4-4-2-kitkat/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underscorenorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift underscorenorm Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 05:17 AM |#10  

More
Hey, this is a long-shot but,
I ended up using the AutoRec KitKat app for the D803 variant and go custom recovery to work that way which let me instal my rom. But the rom I got is acting glitchy and I can't install another one or re-install it since I'm getting this recovery error again and the lolipop version of the AutoRec app isn't for D803.

Any suggestions?? The rom I have seems to switch network type automatically/having a network glitch so I'm disconnecting every couple minutes.
10th March 2016, 04:21 PM |#11  
Flag culiacan
Thanks Meter: 2,300

More
for security boot error, and QHUSB_BULK and many drives showing up. i just used download mode and used flash tools to go back to stock..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)