[APP PORT] CM DSP for Galaxy S4

Search This thread

papete

Jul 27, 2008
I just got the I9506 and coming from a CM powered phone one of the things I missed was the DSP Manager app. So, I decided to port it to the S4. All you have to do is to copy the files in the zip to their proper locations in the phone with a rooted file manager and set the permissions to RW-R-R

Sorry, it is NOT a flashable zip as I do not have a custom ROM installed to test it, you'll have to move the files manually.

If you encounter any problems let me know.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST to back up the files before replacing them with the new ones....

This has been tested and working on a I9506 with stock ROM (4.3), but should work on other 4.3 ROMS and maybe also on 4.2 or 4.4. Test and let me know.

* If your phone dies doing this I'm not responsible
** I just edited some config files, the REAL WORK is from CM team.
*** This has been done for my personal use, I'm not looking for fame and/or glory, just sharing in case it is useful to anybody else

Attachments

• system.zip
    316.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010
I just got the I9506 and coming from a CM powered phone one of the things I missed was the DSP Manager app. So, I decided to port it to the S4. All you have to do is to copy the files in the zip to their proper locations in the phone with a rooted file manager and set the permissions to RW-R-R

Sorry, it is NOT a flashable zip as I do not have a custom ROM installed to test it, you'll have to move the files manually.

If you encounter any problems let me know.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST to back up the files before replacing them with the new ones....

This has been tested and working on a I9506 with stock ROM, but should work on other 4.3 ROMS and maybe also on 4.2 or 4.4. Test and let me know.

* If your phone dies doing this I'm not responsible
** I just edited some config files, the REAL WORK is from CM team.
*** This has been done for my personal use, I'm not looking for fame and/or glory, just sharing in case it is useful to anybody else

Sory, I'm stupid:victory:. what's this ? :laugh:It may be used for I9500 do not?

papete

Jul 27, 2008
Sory, I'm stupid:victory:. what's this ? :laugh:It may be used for I9500 do not?

Is an app that adds a number of sound effects and let's you set specific sound EQ values depending on the output (Headset, Loudspeaker, Bluetooth). If you have a custom recovery do a nandroid and test it... I think it should work

Reactions: dedichthui

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm used to DSP from CM team...

Fair enough, what you're comfortable with is the most important thing. But just to point out that it's very similar in terms of UI it just has a lot of additional options for tweaking the sound. I strongly suggest you try it and see if you like it. You can certainly get a better sound out of it than a plain DSP app. It's absolutely essential for anyone who uses their phone as a music player in my view.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is an app that adds a number of sound effects and let's you set specific sound EQ values depending on the output (Headset, Loudspeaker, Bluetooth). If you have a custom recovery do a nandroid and test it... I think it should work
    Works fine on i9500. Not works on stock music app.:D thank you