NEED HELP ASAP (System software not authorized by AT&T)

Search This thread

lookin4tna

Apr 22, 2014
I cannot boot my phone whenever i do it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone." I have tried every solution for about 5 hours. I have tried the odin stock tar.md5 files i have the Galaxy s4 AT&T i337.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I cannot boot my phone whenever i do it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone." I have tried every solution for about 5 hours. I have tried the odin stock tar.md5 files i have the Galaxy s4 AT&T i337.

Try a different kernel, that message appears when you flash the wrong kernel....good luck!

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

If you were on MDL, you need to use Loki. Try a different kernel too and if not you probably need a different firmware.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

lookin4tna

Apr 22, 2014
One last thing

This is how it happened:
1: App store didnt work
2: Restored to factory settings from my settings section
3: Still didnt work
4: Another restore from boot menu
5: Looked how to unroot then installed a new PDA and BootLoader from ODIN
6: Phone locked and gives the error

hueygunner

Mar 7, 2013
Philadelphia
This is how it happened:
1: App store didnt work
2: Restored to factory settings from my settings section
3: Still didnt work
4: Another restore from boot menu
5: Looked how to unroot then installed a new PDA and BootLoader from ODIN
6: Phone locked and gives the error

A while back I had something similar happen to myself as well. The only way I was able to revive my phone was by performing an emergency firmware upgrade via Kies. This will bring you back to your original stock firmware so you will have to re-root your phone.
Hope this helps

Apr 29, 2017
I cannot boot my;phone reboot &open , it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone." I have tried every solution for about 5 hours. I have tried the odin stock tar.md5 files i have the Galaxy s4 AT&T i337.

Last edited:

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
If you were on MDL and installed a new bootloader, then say goodbye to custom ROMs like CyanoGen Mod and AOSP.