[TOOL] Google Camera Lens Blur - 3d paralax effect / export as GIF, WEBM animations!

Search This thread

th7org

Aug 13, 2010
Warsaw
Google Pixel 6
Hi all,

My buddy just developed this awesome tool to extract depth map image and original shoot (not blurred one) from Lens Blur jpegs. It looks like this:

And here are the results of applying depth map as a source of displacement map filter. Wooo, you can now view your own image in 3D :D

JkCIGiO.gif

Everything is done locally in your browser so you can safely extract depth maps from your own images.

BIG UPDATE!

Completely new interface (and logo :laugh:):

Edit / tweak / create your own depthmaps (like this):

3D Anaglyps (use your red/cyan 3d glasses):

Other stuff:
* Saving to Google Camera Lens Blur compatible JPEGs
* Add shortcut to your launcher for native-like full-screen experience.
* Hi quality WEBM encoder (useful for video, embedding in gfycat.com, uploading to YouTube, etc.)
* Better GIFs, with dithering

link: depthy.me

Have fun!

Last edited:

chihliouma

Feb 3, 2008
This is great, but if you can made it as APP to be installed in the phone, it will be even better.

Reactions: _DX_

Kevro_86

Aug 9, 2010
I got it to output the 2 images, buy how do I see the 3D image? I'm using Chrome.

Thanks,
Kevro

Sent from my gargantuan VZW Galaxy Note II

Kevro_86

Aug 9, 2010
Apparently a recent version of Chrome screwed up WebGL. I tried going into chrome://flags and enabling it, and I still just get the 2 separate images. None of the mobile experiments are working in my Note 2.

Dang!! I really want to see this!

Sent from my gargantuan VZW Galaxy Note II

lemmatti

Sep 26, 2012
This looks great ! Now IF someone would make this into an app, and possibly to a lwp.. :) Just saying they would get my money :)

Reactions: paulo28c

rudyp9

Mar 15, 2011
Salt Lake City
I drag and drop my own pic but nothing shows up on the page nothing on the "parallax " only on the extracted images :confused:

Last edited:

Gwanatu

Oct 12, 2010
Apopka, FL
This isn't working for me on desktop Chrome, but it works on mobile Chrome. I get the no WebGL support error, however all the other WebGL demos I tested from your link work fine.

Awesome tool though! Using it on my Note 3 is amazing, really a fantastic effect!

EDIT: works on Firefox on the same computer. Stupid Chrome.

Last edited:

bluepinkpanther

Nov 18, 2010
Przemysl
This isn't working for me on desktop Chrome, but it works on mobile Chrome. I get the no WebGL support error, however all the other WebGL demos I tested from your link work fine.

Awesome tool though! Using it on my Note 3 is amazing, really a fantastic effect!

Works on desktop chrome here.

haobe

May 25, 2008
This webgl experiment is working on chrome beta 34.0.1847.99.

http://brm.io/matter-js-demo/

Well, that's the state of support for WebGL today. If there is no webgl support error, than it means it's something with the shader or pixijs, but without the device in hand it would be hard to trace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

My buddy just developed this awesome tool to extract depth map image and original shoot (not blurred one) from Lens Blur jpegs. It looks like this:

And here are the results of applying depth map as a source of displacement map filter. Wooo, you can now view your own image in 3D :D

JkCIGiO.gif

Everything is done locally in your browser so you can safely extract depth maps from your own images.

BIG UPDATE!

Completely new interface (and logo :laugh:):

Edit / tweak / create your own depthmaps (like this):

3D Anaglyps (use your red/cyan 3d glasses):

Other stuff:
    * Saving to Google Camera Lens Blur compatible JPEGs
    * Add shortcut to your launcher for native-like full-screen experience.
    * Hi quality WEBM encoder (useful for video, embedding in gfycat.com, uploading to YouTube, etc.)
    * Better GIFs, with dithering

link: depthy.me

Have fun!
    Here's a work-in-progress native app which can do a similar thing to this.

This is just a test-bed for the moment. Eventually it will be a gyro LWP. Feedback welcome.
    How did the OP create the animated gifs?

Actually I've faked it in After Effects (using displacement map and lens blur filter - if you want I can provide you a quick tutorial here) just to showcase what is possible with extracted images :) But actual GIF export on site is coming along nicely and should be available pretty soon.

Would your buddy be able to give a small explanation on how to extract the depth map? I don't know JS and I get what's it's sort of doing but a real explanation on how the file is stored would be grand! :)
    Depth map and unprocessed (not blurred) image are stored in XMP data in jpeg file. You can check parseCompoundImage function here. And official documentation from Google for jpegs with depth map can be found here.

And here are some new gif samples I've made recently:

7awnpCo.gif

ZG9jRMD.gif
    UPDATE:

4E3kCoJ.jpg

GIF support and more advanced control over animation.

Cheers!
    40GdQhe.gif
    This is great, but if you can made it as APP to be installed in the phone, it will be even better.

And use the output images as a lwp. Definitely something I would pay for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk