what do i rename the rom name to flash in bootloader

Search This thread

sogone209

Apr 30, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
for example htc rezound if you rename the rom name to PH98IMG you can reboot into bootloader and flash the rom automatically. how do I do that? asking because I don't have a rom on my phone (I wiped everything) now trying to get a rom loaded on it

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
for example htc rezound if you rename the rom name to PH98IMG you can reboot into bootloader and flash the rom automatically. how do I do that? asking because I don't have a rom on my phone (I wiped everything) now trying to get a rom loaded on it

Your Rom can be named whatever you want as long as you write the name the same in the command and Idk if there is an automatic way like that, I doubt it.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
This cant be done with roms, only with ruu's and firmware images. You would need a usb-otg cable, a fat32 formated flash drive, and the correct name would be PN07IMG.zip

Reactions: sogone209

sogone209

Apr 30, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
im so stuck now. the htc resound was so much easier.

im s-off but stuck with no rom at all to load.

I kno how to adb sideload a rom to my phone but non of them are installing.

how can I return to stock?

sogone209

Apr 30, 2011
Eugene, Oregon

more information would be nice. I cant not find a ruu zip or exe downloadwith vzw_001 thats my cid I believe.

so I will have to get that ruu and adb sidload it and then install from twrp? or fastboot oem rebootRUU install it that way?

detailed information would be greatly appreciated my hboot is the dreaded 1.56 :( I am s-off tho unlocked.

sogone209

Apr 30, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
You can get the ruu's at the bottom of this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46506621

You can direct flash thru hboot as i explained earlier, or use
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Code:
fastboot flash zip nameoffile.zip
You do not sideload the zip to the phone, but put it on your pc in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

hmm thank you so much. and for some reason encrypted ruu doesn't work? but isn't that like how stock comes from the factory? I would like it to be factory stock to the max. then im gunna just debloat it.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
For encrypted to work you must relock your bootloader. Either way you are getting the exact same thing. Encrypted / decrypted refer to the flashable file it self, not the files it contains or how they are put on the phone. Once you do the ruu and take the ota, you will be compleet stock other than being unlocked and s-off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This cant be done with roms, only with ruu's and firmware images. You would need a usb-otg cable, a fat32 formated flash drive, and the correct name would be PN07IMG.zip
    im so stuck now. the htc resound was so much easier.

im s-off but stuck with no rom at all to load.

I kno how to adb sideload a rom to my phone but non of them are installing.

how can I return to stock?

Ruu