[FIXED] NEED URGENT HELP! My phone's MEID is now 0!

Search This thread

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
I was on stock 4.2.2 on my i9505 and decided to flash the Google Play Edition ROM
Now I have no network and when I dial *#06# it says:

MEID

Can anyone please help me out?

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012

I tried downloading the program, the thing is, I only know my IMEI (which is what shows behind the battery), but I can't find my MEID or ESN (because I actually don't know what they are... is the ESN the Serial Number? Because I've read that ESNs are only for the US? I'm on Portugal Vodafone).

Anyways, when I write the IMEI and press "write", nothing happens. Then I press "Reset" at the top right, and the phone doesn't reboot.

I downloaded a Demo version of the software, but wasn't it supposed to work anyways?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I tried downloading the program, the thing is, I only know my IMEI (which is what shows behind the battery), but I can't find my MEID or ESN (because I actually don't know what they are... is the ESN the Serial Number? Because I've read that ESNs are only for the US? I'm on Portugal Vodafone).

Anyways, when I write the IMEI and press "write", nothing happens. Then I press "Reset" at the top right, and the phone doesn't reboot.

I downloaded a Demo version of the software, but wasn't it supposed to work anyways?
- What's MEID? HERE
- If you read.... u need the paid version of that program :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
- What's MEID? HERE
- If you read.... u need the paid version of that program :rolleyes:

Actually I read on another post that it doesn't have to be the paid version of the program. He doesn't specifically say to pay for it, he says something like "pay for it or whatever".

I now have my MEID because I found a converter, but... The program still doesn't work. I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm on Windows 8...

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
I would also like to add that I was on 4.2.2, did a Nandroid Backup, but then had to flash 4.3 because I couldn't find a 4.2.2 ROM on samfirmware (since it only shows me the latest one).

Anyways, on this 4.3 ROM I can't restore my Nandroid Backup. It just bootloops. Ideas?

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
PROBLEM FIXED.

Unfortunately what I did might not be of help for anyone with the same problem. But here it goes:

Like I said, I was on 4.2.2 originally. But since I couldn't find a 4.2.2 official firmware, I had to download a 4.3 stock one. I flashed it once -- still the same problem. Tried flashing another ROM -- still the same problem. BUT THEN, I flashed the 4.3 stock ROM again, and it just worked! IDK what happened.

Anyways, hope someone can get the same results as me!