[Q] Installing 4.4 (without update)

Search This thread

M.HASHIM.TARIQ

Apr 23, 2014
hello guys i am new here and this is my first post/thread
actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-12-34-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-12-34-24.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

saurabhgurav

Jan 21, 2013
Mumbai
actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )

you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo

It first needs to be rooted. The easiest way I found to root it is this: http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276
You can then install a custom recovery using Odin or any alternatives, or look for a way to install a .zip from within the phone (I can help with that once you root it and find a ROM.

After some "Googling", I found some ROMs and many guides on YouTube, but none was for the 4.4 KitKat.

Reactions: M.HASHIM.TARIQ

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...

Root doesn't magically give you access to updates that have never come out.

OP: There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.

It shows in the screenshot that it is QMobile A7. I searched a lot but didn't find any KitKat based ROM (stock or custom). The latest I found is 4.1.2, and they are very unknown and I don't recommend trying them.

M.HASHIM.TARIQ

Apr 23, 2014
well i have tried rooting but don't know about rooting i install app (root checker basic) and it says ( this device does not have proper root access )
so is there any way to deal with it ?
i have one more mobile and that is a4 but its way slower than a7
a4 spec is
processor = 1 ghz
ram = 256mb
rom = 128mb
os = andriod 2.3
i guess a4 need 4.4 badly :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-19-29-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-19-29-33.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It first needs to be rooted. The easiest way I found to root it is this: http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276
    You can then install a custom recovery using Odin or any alternatives, or look for a way to install a .zip from within the phone (I can help with that once you root it and find a ROM.

After some "Googling", I found some ROMs and many guides on YouTube, but none was for the 4.4 KitKat.