g2's RUU on DZ

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So long as radio secure flags are removed (s-off) then yes, but I can't think of a great reason to do so

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BossToroech

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Yes but that would leave with a shipped bootloader, stock recovery and a non rooted ROM. Maybe a worse radio too. Why not just flash a stock rooted ROM?

BossToroech

Sep 11, 2012
I can simply root it again by eg UnlockRoot program. but I want to have clear software, I dont like custom roms. And also I cant find newest 2.16.531.6 ziped rom. I prefer to install this RUU.
...but first I have to fix my phone. I dont know why, but I cant run anu RUU installer (even this for DZ). when I click "update" button, it is waiting for bootloader, and after this there is a comunicat that phone is unpluged. I wonder I have to do this with ADB
But thanks for your answer :) this is what I wanted to know

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Sort of, if using some unlock program for root I have to imagine your not s-off and if you are its fake s-off which if you were to run the RUU you may brick your device. The only method you should use to root your phone is exploit via gfree.
As for custom ROMs, that's your choice but I will say there are ROMs that are more aosp than stock T-Mobile as all the g2 stock isn't pure aosp. Buy of course do as you will.

As for your RUU issues, it won't have anything to do with adb as they are to be flashed through fastboot, but again be careful as what you want to do is possible but if you don't meet the prerequisites you will have a brick

BossToroech

Sep 11, 2012
Ok, you are right. I'll flash some another aosp.
But now, this RUU issue.

So, from the beginning:
I changed the hboot to g2 one with this PC10IMG. Just flash by bootloader. Then I flashed the PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_2.15.531.3_Radio_12.52.60.25U_26.08.04.30_M3.zip. also by bootloader. Then found out that I cannot use RUUs installer because the phone dont wont to reebot into bootloader. So i change hboot to dz one with this PC10IMG. Now my hboot version is 0.84.2000 (PC1011000).
I installed some custom rom (virtuous sense 2.0.0).
I am running RUU software (RUU_Vision_Gingerbread_S_HTC_WWE_2.42.405.3_Radio_12.56.60.25_26.10.04.03_M_release_224299_signed.exe).
returning to the bootloader - is ok, phone is reebooting. But next is 'waiting for bootloader' and the Error, that the phone is unplugged.
On the phone screen for a while was the Black screen with Gray HTC logo, but for the moment there is white screen (looks like bootloader) with hboot version, Radio version, etc,
and at the end is: RUU

I hope you understand me.
What shoud I do? mayby the hboot version is incorect?

edit
I also cannot install 1.34.405.5_PC10IMG.zip by bootloader now. The files are loading, and then.. is nothing. There is no quastion for Update( vol up) or No (vol down)

edit2

Uff, the problem is solved. I hadn't installed bootloader drivers and radio was very old, so I had to update it. Thanks for your help, demkantor :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So long as radio secure flags are removed (s-off) then yes, but I can't think of a great reason to do so

Yes but that would leave with a shipped bootloader, stock recovery and a non rooted ROM. Maybe a worse radio too. Why not just flash a stock rooted ROM?
    Sort of, if using some unlock program for root I have to imagine your not s-off and if you are its fake s-off which if you were to run the RUU you may brick your device. The only method you should use to root your phone is exploit via gfree.
    As for custom ROMs, that's your choice but I will say there are ROMs that are more aosp than stock T-Mobile as all the g2 stock isn't pure aosp. Buy of course do as you will.

As for your RUU issues, it won't have anything to do with adb as they are to be flashed through fastboot, but again be careful as what you want to do is possible but if you don't meet the prerequisites you will have a brick

No problem, I would advice to look through this thread a bit as well
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266
    You'll also find those asop ROMs there