Elegance u8 watch

Search This thread

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
this is a cheap watch, do NOT expect support from the manufacturer

there is also a cloned version, sold as a real u8, no way to tell the difference until you receive it

DO NOT FLASH YOU WATCH!

it might be a clone and render it USELESS

CONS:
-there will never be apps developed for it
-you have to have phone or media audio sent to the watch, otherwise it can't connect
-crappy rubber band, attracts dust likecrazy
-the watch screen is off when in standby, so you have to press the button to see anything
-call quality through it's sucks, both microphone and speaker
-display is unreadable outdoors
-NO support from manufacturer
-NO central location for firmware updates
-NO decent companion app, only generic notifications, no filter possible, only based per app

PROS:
-cheap
-doesn't look too bad

stay away is my advice

Last edited:
Reactions: Rene_ajax

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
the manufacturer sent me the BTNotifier app, so i've been able to try out some stuff

sadly, all isn't well

the notifier app is very generic, you can make a selection from all your apps, but all that does is show a generic message on the watch, not the content of that message (like "new tweet" but not the tweet itself)

that's the whole reason i have my smartwatch, to see messages at a glance, dismiss whatever is not important and grab my phone when it is

will send feedback to the manufacturer, but am not expecting much...

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
Hi,

I just bought this model. It seemed beautiful and with many features.

The screen is not in color? In the photos seems to b/w.

The battery can stand how long? The bluethoot not fail?

You are not satisfied with him?

How much was yours? In the link you placed it very very expensive...

Reg,
FB

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
the link i shared was for 2 watches, not for 1, what did you pay for it?

yes the screen is color, look at the analog clock face, the seconds hand is red :)

and no i'm not impressed with this watch

haven't tried it for long, so no idea how long the battery lasts or how stable the bluetooth connection is

it does not have (native) support for facebook/twitter/whatsapp/gmail, something my Sony Smartwatch 2 does have

it does support sms and has a general "catch all" option for any app you choose, but for twitter it will just say "you have a new tweet" and not the message content

the screen is hardly readable outside, i have to admit Sony did a pretty good job with their transflective display

it also times out too quick, dims the screen in about 4,5 seconds and goes totally black after another 5,5 seconds

all notifications, not matter the application, are grouped together and you can't swipe to see them, you have to use the touch buttons at the bottom

if you disable both phone and media audio, the watch disconnects completely, at least one needs to be enabled

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
Hi,

I bought here

How works the function "Answer or Dial calls from your wrist"...has good sound?

...and a remote control camera of your smartphone works?

One thing I don't like in the Sony Smartwatch, if you disconnect (BT) of your samrtphone it off the clock, this is bad ...in the U watch does not happen...it's truth?

...I see, this is not the smartwatch announce in the description of sale :(

Reg,
FB

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Hi,

One thing I don't like in the Sony Smartwatch, if you disconnect (BT) of your samrtphone it off the clock, this is bad ...in the U watch does not happen...it's truth?

Hi,

No, in Sony Smartwatch 2 Hour Watchface is still displayed and always ON even without phone. Many app can run without phone : stopwatch, timer, alarm, many note like SmartNotes, Evernote, GMail Note, Notification historic : Gmail, K9Mail and all others received before no connection.....

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
OK...

...so, you're not using the U8...you use the sony Sony Smartwatch 2 :good:

...I will wait for my U8 and I'll see if I solve the problem of messages.

Reg,
FB

alexcc59

Apr 20, 2011
Taipei
Got my watch today...

Language selection is limited to chinese/english, no other options.

Build version of the firmware: M28_KHR.CN1.V007

Will add more info when i know more!
(any questions are welcome)...

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
Are you interested to take a look?

Attachments

• M28_KHR.FN2.V002.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 13,929
  • M28_KHR_CN1_V011.zip
    7 MB · Views: 12,752
  • MTKUSBdriver_v1.0948.0.zip
    223 KB · Views: 15,926
  • FlashTool_v5.1308.00.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 14,351
Last edited:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
thanks @alexcc59 for those files!

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs :)

did you also get a newer version of BTNotifier?
i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

and how do i get this thing to go into flash mode? :)

Last edited:

alexcc59

Apr 20, 2011
Taipei

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs :)

i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

Yes, I already got that APK too.
As I tried,
The M28_KHR.FN2.V002 firmware support English, French...ETC, total 13 languages, build date: 2014/4/2,
And the M28_KHR_CN1_V011 firmware only support English & Simplify Chinese, build date: 2014/4/9,
But I don't exactly know what's the difference except language support.
I figured out the flashing procedure by myself,
If you want to try, you can follow the steps below~:D

1. Install driver.
2. Switch on and connect the watch with standard micro-USB cable.
3. Run the "Flash_tool.exe" as administrator.
4. Loacate the 2 files then press the "Download" button as the attached picture.
5. Swith off the watch then it will start to flash automatically.
6. Do not interrupt the process until it finished.

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15,093
Last edited:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
so which version of the btnotifier apk do you have?

managed to update the firmware, thanks!
i'm fine with english, so i picked the CN V11 version

noticed these changes:
-2 extra clock faces, 1 digital and 1 analog
-as you already mentioned, the screen timeout setting
-interaction with phone seems quicker, like loading the phone book and accessing the camera

sadly the screen timeout setting only adds more time to the period where it's in power save mode, the time it's in full brightness is still only 4.5-5 seconds, that should be selectable as well

a real deal breaker is that i can't dial out with my phone and have audio on my phone, i should be able to choose by dialing/answering with either watch or phone

it's like hands free always on, unacceptable

it also still disconnects if i switch off both phone audio and media audio

so will wait for another firmware to try again

alexcc59

Apr 20, 2011
Taipei
so which version of the btnotifier apk do you have?
The same as yours:D

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

a real deal breaker is that i can't dial out with my phone and have audio on my phone, i should be able to choose by dialing/answering with either watch or phone

it's like hands free always on, unacceptable...

Which phone do you use?
In my case, I use HTC One M7,
I can choose which device to call/answer in dialer,
Just press the same button as speakerphone then choose while calling,
And I also unchecked the audio streaming option in bluetooth setting on my phone,
Then it will not playback via the poor speak of the watch:D

Reactions: Candy-men

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
see sig, HTC Butterfly s

so you can choose audio on the watch, but i want audio to be on the phone if i use the phone's dialer

they really need to add native facebook/twitter/gmail/whatsapp support to the BTNotifier, useless otherwise, i want to see content on the watch

ninjaco

Apr 22, 2014
eindhoven
first smartwatch

Hey guy's I was thinking about buying this watch as well. I have never had one before.
I would love to easily change the song, which my phone is playing through my earbuds. Is this possible with this watch? or can I only change songs and play them from the speaker? Also I don't really get if you guys already solved the fact that you could not pick up your normal phone while the watch is connected?

but most important of all I wan't to be able to have both my phone and my smartwatch on vibrate/silent. I am a student and can't have my phone making any sounds during class.
Is there someone who can answer these questions for me? I have found a good deal for this watch on internet and want to order quick :)
thanks in advance!!

peace:good:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
well, the Smartwatch 2 does all that, and has a way better screen, AND displays content of messages, which this one doesn't, for most things anyway

the SW2 is a lot cheaper now, so i would advise buying that one

or if you're not in a hurry, wait a couple of months a see what's available then

Reactions: ninjaco

ninjaco

Apr 22, 2014
eindhoven
well, the Smartwatch 2 does all that, and has a way better screen, AND displays content of messages, which this one doesn't, for most things anyway

the SW2 is a lot cheaper now, so i would advise buying that one

or if you're not in a hurry, wait a couple of months a see what's available then

thanks for the advise! The sony watch is to expensive for me tough.
Is the smartQ Z1 a good alternative? As far as I can see it looks similar as the SW2 and is cheaper. less than €70,- including shippingcosts to holland. it is 12.2mm thick which is quite ok as well.

:cool:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
yeah the Z1 is a good alternative, runs android so has all kind of options, they even managed to run Android Wear on it

check the Z1 topics in this subforum

i was going to buy The Z1 as well, but as i have already preordered the HOT Watch as well, i thought it was a bit overkill :)

this U-watch is a waste of money, that's for sure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the U8 for 2 days and loving it over my previous Sony smartwatch ver 1.

For those of you who need to see full message from Whatsapp, gmail, email, sms, etc. Uninstall the BTNotification.apk or whatever notification apk that was ask to installed by the seller.

Go to Play Store and search for Mediatek Smartdevice, install it and pair your phone to your U8 again. Now notification pushed to your U8 should have full message appear instead of telling you how many messages you have.

Best thing is Google Now notification is also being pushed to my U8 now, e.g. weather, time to work, time to home, etc.
    Got my watch today...

Language selection is limited to chinese/english, no other options.

Build version of the firmware: M28_KHR.CN1.V007

Will add more info when i know more!
    (any questions are welcome)...

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
    The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
    And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
    The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
    Are you interested to take a look?

i have v1.3.21 right now

Yes, I already got that APK too.
    As I tried,
    The M28_KHR.FN2.V002 firmware support English, French...ETC, total 13 languages, build date: 2014/4/2,
    And the M28_KHR_CN1_V011 firmware only support English & Simplify Chinese, build date: 2014/4/9,
    But I don't exactly know what's the difference except language support.
    I figured out the flashing procedure by myself,
    If you want to try, you can follow the steps below~:D

1. Install driver.
    2. Switch on and connect the watch with standard micro-USB cable.
    3. Run the "Flash_tool.exe" as administrator.
    4. Loacate the 2 files then press the "Download" button as the attached picture.
    5. Swith off the watch then it will start to flash automatically.
    6. Do not interrupt the process until it finished.