Originally Posted by magicphone
Thanks for your feedback.
1. Your descriptions are too advanced for me. I can understand straightforward step by step instructions starting from square one
2. The current situation:
3. Most of the 1st post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1216982
is also written in a too advanced language for me.
I am not an expert in hacking phones, I haven't done it on dozens of other devices, this is my first.
Now what's next? I truly appreciate you.
Looks like you'll need to start over from scratch. I'll try:
0. Make sure your battery is charged, if possible. Power loss while flashing will brick your phone. I think the Defy refuses to flash if it's low on power, but i'm not sure on that.
1. Get RSD Lite. There's a link in the Beginner's Guide under How To Flash. Make sure your Motorola USB Drivers are installed.
2. Download a SBF from here
. I only have a regular Defy, so i can't recommend a + one, just try one that fits your country.
3. Open RSD Lite, click the three dots [...] and choose your SBF.
4. Boot up the Defy in Bootloader mode (VolUp+Power) and connect via USB.
5. Wait until RSDLite identifies your Defy (can take a few seconds) and the Start button becomes available. Click it and wait, flashing takes a while. When done, it should say "finished" under "status" and "pass" under "result", so disconnect and power up the phone. After a looong boot (can take 10+min), you should end up in a stock Android.
6. Charge your battery. You really don't want your phone dying in the middle of a flash.
7. Meanwhile, download some stuff and put it on your SD card:
The latest Framaroot
The CM11 nightly of your choice
BaNkS Minimal GApps for 4.4.2
8. Now root the phone: First allow installing apps from unsafe sources in the phone settings, then install Framaroot using a file explorer. Run the app and root (Gimli).
9. Install and run 2ndInit, Click Install 2ndInit Recovery, reboot. Wait for the LED to turn blue, then press Volume Down and you should end up in the custom recovery (CWM).
10. In CWM, navigate to "install zip from sdcard", choose defy_twrp_recovery_18.104.22.168.zip and flash it. Reboot into recovery again, which should now be TWRP.
11. In TWRP, first wipe data/factory reset, then install your CM11 nightly. Reboot into system. That will again take a while.
12. If you need GApps, then reboot again, wait for the splash screen and choose recovery, then install the GApps file.
And that should be it, i hope i haven't forgotten anything. In any case, you should be aware that CM11 on the Defy is pretty much beta at the moment, so you shouldn't expect a totally stable system with everything working like it's supposed to.