[ROM][KitKat] Unofficial AOKP Kitkat for Droid Incredible

Search This thread

Aeckert

Aug 27, 2010
Sound works......

it is just ui sounds like the locking sounds

When I go to choose the sound file for any of my notifications, it just says "none" and doesn't allow me to choose any thing from my SD card. Anything I'm doing wrong? Is there a default system folder that ringtones and other .ogg files should be going into?

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
When I go to choose the sound file for any of my notifications, it just says "none" and doesn't allow me to choose any thing from my SD card. Anything I'm doing wrong? Is there a default system folder that ringtones and other .ogg files should be going into?

Install es file and it will allow you to select one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aeckert

Aeckert

Aug 27, 2010
Install es file and it will allow you to select one

That worked great.

I do have one question though. I set a sound for the Alarm, but the alarm doesn't repeat the sound. the audio clip is only like 6 seconds long. The "Silence After" option is set to 10 minutes, which should force the clip to be looped until then, but it doesn't. It plays the 6 seconds, and then nothing after that. Just curious if you or anyone else had an answer. Thanks again

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
That worked great.

I do have one question though. I set a sound for the Alarm, but the alarm doesn't repeat the sound. the audio clip is only like 6 seconds long. The "Silence After" option is set to 10 minutes, which should force the clip to be looped until then, but it doesn't. It plays the 6 seconds, and then nothing after that. Just curious if you or anyone else had an answer. Thanks again

There is a problem with the alarmclock app in kitkat that is fixable bit is completely hacked up to fix, basically when you miss an alarm or dismiss it, it goes into a loop in the background causing a wakelock and it never actually plays again

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
There is a problem with the alarmclock app in kitkat that is fixable bit is completely hacked up to fix, basically when you miss an alarm or dismiss it, it goes into a loop in the background causing a wakelock and it never actually plays again

Hey zach...Sort of unrelated but I ran across this today while surfing. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713296

Might help with the supersonic builds? Going to try it out on my spare EVO. Wife is having problems with her 10.1 build on her EVO so I would like newer options.

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville

toolfan2k4

Sep 29, 2008
Love the ROM. I still use the Incredible on a daily basis. I too have the internet connection issues. First try fails second works. I updated my kernel and it still happens but not as much. So maybe there is a kernel issue here? (I also had the same issue with your CM11 ROM.) Thanks for bringing this to our device!

BlockOfDynamite

Aug 14, 2013
Trouble installing GAPPS

Hi
I've been having trouble trying to install Google Apps.
I've tried to use the provided zip file and a kitkat version that was paired with another ROM, both of which successfully installed but the apps never showed up in the drawer. Am I missing something?

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Hi
I've been having trouble trying to install Google Apps.
I've tried to use the provided zip file and a kitkat version that was paired with another ROM, both of which successfully installed but the apps never showed up in the drawer. Am I missing something?

You need to install the apps from the play store. The gapps package just includes the minimal to set up a Google account and have access to the play store.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

BlockOfDynamite

Aug 14, 2013
You need to install the apps from the play store. The gapps package just includes the minimal to set up a Google account and have access to the play store.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I posted in the wrong thread. There are two ROMs with near-identical threads and I just got mixed up. I tried it on Unofficial CM11 for HTC Incredible by zachf714. Not using AOKP, just CM and it didn't work. Had to manually DL a google play apk file after I installed gapps and now google play works perfectly. Sorry!

aldroidx

Mar 5, 2012
Mukalla
@zachf714 @tiny4579
plz devs, i face a weird issue in mobile data, it connects and disconnects endlessly and cant use mobile data.
but mobile network works and i can make calls and receive messages . i tries 4.2.2 ROM and mobile data works ok.
i really need a kitkat rom and i tried this rom and Evervolv 4.0.0 but both have the same data mobile issue

So is this a kitkat issue or something went wrong in my mobile service?

Thanks

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
@zachf714 @tiny4579
plz devs, i face a weird issue in mobile data, it connects and disconnects endlessly and cant use mobile data.
but mobile network works and i can make calls and receive messages . i tries 4.2.2 ROM and mobile data works ok.
i really need a kitkat rom and i tried this rom and Evervolv 4.0.0 but both have the same data mobile issue

So is this a kitkat issue or something went wrong in my mobile service?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, it is known that data is broken on kitkat for everything but evervolv, another reason why I took down the downloads (I think I took down the downloads)

aldroidx

Mar 5, 2012
Mukalla
Thanks for the quick reply @zachf714
I downloaded this rom yesterday. It's really great and smooth but data is my need
I tried evervolv kitkat rom and it has the same issue.
Ok dev, if possible could you please tell me any 4.3 rom has data working properly? Thanks again

taosk8r

Jan 3, 2015
Can anyone update file links or PM me some working stable mod links for my dinc? I cannot find anything but broken links here, and I would like to find a mod that is more than 5% stable w/o everything constantly force closing to the point of unusability.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP KitKat

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

What I Removed
    Calender
    Exchange
    Music
    MusicFX
    SoundRecorder
    SpeechRecorder
    SwagPapers_v2
    VideoEditor
    VoiceDialer
    Galaxy4
    HoloSpiral
    MagicSmoke
    MusicVisualition
    NoiseField
    PhaseBeam

Bugs/Issues
    UI Sounds are broken ( I know why just have not found the source of the problem ) Are partially fixed now
    ADB is very finicky
    MTP Will not mount to a Computer, at least not to my Linux box
    MMS is Broken this is know, it is on all kitkat roms
    Is slow at first, let it sit for a bit

Source
    AOKP
    Evervolv (Used for their legacy parts to fix qsd8k)
    My AOKP Device tree
    Kernel GPL/Source

Credits
    The AOKP team for making AOKP
    Pons and Tiny for the device tree I based mine off of
    Evervolv for the QSD8K legacy parts
    musical_chairs for data fixes from EV

XDA:DevDB Information
    Droid Incredible Unofficial AOKP Kitkat Weekly , a ROM for the HTC Droid Incredible

Contributors
    zachf714
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-04-20
    Last Updated 2014-04-24
    Reserved

GApps

Release 1
    Base Release

Release 2
    Switched the kernel toolchain to 4.7.4
    Tweaked the GPU settings in kernel
    overhaul to Kconfig
    small fixes in kernel (atomic.h, irq.c, ibmaem.c) Look at my github link in the OP for changes
    ADB is fixed, enable adb over network in trickstermod to use adb
    AOKP bootanimation is now available

Download - 04/24/2014
    Very Nice rom ....very smooth. volumes seem a little low compared to cm in phones calls
    Sms works MMS?
    camera works
    youtube works with hq selected
    didn't load up gapps

I should post that MMS is busted, I still don't know what to do about it. I am not very familiar with Java

Ehhh... Still i cant download the zip file from Zachs host. After 2mb is downloaded it stops.. I tried many download managers but no luck(running Eos) ! If there is someone please upload the file into another host !

I will upload it to the DevDb page later, I'm not home right now. Going out to breakfast =)

I forgot to upload it, I will do it in a few